Complaint Review: Frys , Frys Electronics

• Reported By: Lenny — Bullhead City Arizona United States of America
Frys , Frys Electronics
6845 S Las Vegas Blvd Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Frys , Frys Electronics Service Department Ripoff Las Vegas, Nevada

I purchased a laptop computer along with a lot of other items from Frys Electronics in Las Vegas in Sept 2008.  The computer was nothing but problems.  It had overheating problems.  Due to health problems I was unable to return to the store for repair for a year.  Not an issue since I purchased the 2 year extended warranty, which, was purported to be a replacement warranty when I bought it.

I dropped the computer off on October 11.  On November 19, 2009, I got a call that the computer was damaged by "physical damage" and the warranty was not going to be honored.

I have made attempts to contact the company to resolve this but am hitting a brick wall on all fronts.  To top it off, the computer is now, supposedly in worse condition than when I dropped it off, and they are telling me I need to pay them $70.00 to pick up the non-working computer due to a diagnostic fee.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2009 03:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Frys-Frys-Electronics/Las-Vegas-Nevada-/Frys-Frys-Electronics-Service-Department-Ripoff-Las-Vegas-Nevada-527661. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Frys , Frys Electronics