Complaint Review: Fry's - Fullerton - Columbia Telecommunications

• Submitted: Tue, May 04, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, June 26, 2004

• Reported By:92869 California
Fry's - Fullerton - Columbia Telecommunications
P.O. Box 4065 Farmingdale, New York U.S.A.

Fry's -Fullerton/Columbia Telecommunications Deceptive advertising - ripoff Farmingdale New York

*Author of original report: Great News!! Fry's PAID me in full!!!

*Author of original report: COLUMBIA FILED BANKRUPTCY ON 4-21-2004

*Author of original report: Fry's Fullerton Customer Service Update

Purchased Columbia CB radios from Fry's - Fullerton, CA. in Jan 04. Advertised by Fry's with a $25 mail in rebate. Sent in rebate form, receipt, upc label, etc. Radio's didn't work and rebate never received.

Called Colombia and left many messages re no rebate received and radio didn't work. Never received a call or and communications from Columbia.

A check of this web site shows many victims of this fraud by Fry's.

Dan
92869, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2004 02:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Frys-Fullerton-Columbia-Telecommunications/Farmingdale-New-York-11735/Frys-FullertonColumbia-Telecommunications-Deceptive-advertising-ripoff-Farmingdale-Ne-90176. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fry's - Fullerton - Columbia Telecommunications

Great News!! Fry's PAID me in full!!!

AUTHOR: Dan - (U.S.A.)

Fry's paid me in full with a $25 check in my mailbox today!!!!

COLUMBIA FILED BANKRUPTCY ON 4-21-2004

AUTHOR: Dan - (U.S.A.)

On 5/25/04, the Better Business Bureau in New York sent me a letter in response to my compliant, and related COLUMBIA filed BANKRUPTCY ON 4-21-04, CASE #0412737ALG.

Fry's Fullerton Customer Service Update

AUTHOR: Dan - (U.S.A.)

Never heard from Columbia - on 4-11-04, I met with the Fry's Fullerton, Customer Service Rebate Manager Judy Garcia, who is a very nice lady. She took my paper work and said she would send it to the Home Office and will call me they approve my paper work for a check for the $25 rebate. I also gave her the package containing the radios that never worked, even though she refused to take them. The customer service guy I first spoke to said I couldn't return or exchange them because I had sent the UPC on the rebate form.

Also, please read the complaint by Mark re Fry's dated 2-11-04, and the rebuttal by a Fry's employee). I will update this report when I hear from Ms. Garcia.