Complaint Review: Fuego

• Submitted: Mon, December 14, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, December 14, 2009

• Reported By: Skool — Portland Oregon United States of America
Fuego
Hwy. 217/Greenburg, Hall and Scholls Ferry Exits Tigard, Oregon United States of America
  • Phone: 503) 624-9319
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Fuego VICTIM TO A PAYLESS JOB Tigard, Oregon

One day I was called by a company store called Fuego for an interview. I went to the interview not for the store I was potentially working for but in another. I interviewed well and they informed me that they were looking for people to help open the store and set up shop, then I would start. I was called by the store manager and was hired on to help with the work and started that Monday. The tasks they had me do were menial and they allowed us to work as long as we wanted to. I stayed about 5 hours setting up the products, and before I left they cut me a check, I took it and was informed I would be called letting me know if I got the job or not, that what I went through was a second interview. I was never called back, but I went to try and cash the check they gave me and realized they spelled my name incorrectly on the check. I called the manager over and over and she never returned my call. I felt like I was used just to help build the store and they already knew who they were going to hire. The store is pretty girly and I noticed that when I went to first interview there was nothing but girly products and girls working in the store, so it was like they went through a bunch of interviews to find guys to help set up and pay them very little. I made so little that the idea of chasing them down was stupid to me and didnt seem worth it. Even though the store is now open for business I just wanted to inform everyone of what they did to me. I haven't worked in months because of the recession and what hurt the most was how much they didnt care about returning my call or showing any concern about it. It was like I worked for free. I live too far from the mall the store is in to go chasing them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2009 09:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fuego/Tigard-Oregon-/Fuego-VICTIM-TO-A-PAYLESS-JOB-Tigard-Oregon-539015. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fuego