Complaint Review: Fulfillment International Corporation

• Submitted: Tue, November 04, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, November 04, 2003

• Reported By:Kingston-upon-Thames Europe
Fulfillment International Corporation
10 Vans Avenue Michigan, Michigan U.S.A.

Fulfillment International Corporation ripoff, statutary rights to refund, credit card refund refusal, legal status of business, corporate policy Michigan

Before "Tracy" or some other "Fulfillment International Corporation" spokesperson denies that they "ripped me off", I am not going to claim that. This Report will tell people how I managed to get a FULL REFUND. I hope that it will help everyone else who has the mis-fortune to be "taken in" to get their money back, as they are entitled to!!!

Yes yet another person who filled in a "pop-up" screen in an idle moment, not expecting anything to happen. Then a few weeks later, early Friday evening someone calls up and.... you all know what happened next.

So I will not repeat the story, apart from saying the first caller was Katherine Avery Employee Number 707.

She works at Level 3, 615 Young Street, Toronto, Canada. Tel Number 416 644 1165.

The confirmatory person was Joshua Culliton

3 hours after the call ended, and I had time to think, as this is one thing I was not given, I emailed the customer services and asked for a refund, having already spoken to my Credit Card Company, who said that they could not stop the payment.

I got same reply as everyone else has had "Non-refundable..."

My wife, who used to work for a major UK electical retailer as the Deputy Manager of Customer Relations, suggested I ask them for their "Terms and Conditions of Business" and their "Corporate Policy". We had numerous Emails in which they avoided sending me these.

I then repeated the request, and asked them to "inform me
as to under which countries' legal system you conducted your business with me".

This request also received the usual lengthy answer, which did not provide the requested information.

I then sent the email below:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alistair ---------" <-------@-------.com>
To:
Cc: "Alistair -------" <---------@-------.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 10:32 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: Re: Re-asurance and Confirmation of charges please

Accounting Dept,

With reference to your reply below, can you please confirm that you are refusing to supply me with your "Terms and Conditions of Business", your "Corporate Policy". Please also confirm that you are refusing to inform me as to under which countries' legal system you conducted your business with me.

If you do not answer this Email, or yet again reply without providing me with the above requested information, I will take that as confirmation that you are refusing to supply me with the requested information.

Alternativly, I would be happy to receive a full refund to my Credit Card, and bring this matter to a conclusion.

Alistair

This Email resulted in an email from them within 11 hours, giving me a full refund, which reached my credit card 7 days later.

If you want your money back, my advice is the following:
1) Be Polite - the people we deal with don't make the rules, they just have to do what the Directors tell them. I know, my wife used to have to do the same thing.
2) Copy yourself in all Emails
3) Ask for their "Terms and Conditions of Business"
4) Ask for their "Corporate Policy"
5) Ask under which countries legal system their business with you was conducted under

In the UK, regardless of what the company says, your statutary rights always are valid. In terms of a refund, as long as you ask for it within the correct time frame, you have to receive it. In my case, within 3 hours of the call ending.

Best of luck, and do not give up!

Alistair
Kingston-upon-Thames
United Kingdom

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Fulfillment International

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2003 08:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fulfillment-International-Corporation/Michigan-Michigan-49036/Fulfillment-International-Corporation-ripoff-statutary-rights-to-refund-credit-card-refu-70937. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fulfillment International Corporation