Complaint Review: Fulfillment International

• Updated: Tue, November 25, 2003

• Reported By:Wauw Wisconsin
Fulfillment International
fulfillmentinternational.com Internet Canada

Fulfillment International ripoff! I won a vacation... but it cost me. Internet, Nationwide

I received a phone call today. Did I mention it was on my cell phone? Yes, they called my cell phone. Informed me I had won a vacation to sunny Florida (Orlando and Daytona). Wow! How'd you get my number?! She stated I had registered on the internet, but when I asked what website, she did not know. Funny, I'm thinking, I've never registered for ANYTHING on the internet... hmmmm, this may be fun.

So from there she transfered me to my booking agent Pedro Encalada Employee number 3098 to be precise. At that time I asked him to call me on a land line as to not WASTE my minutes. Sure enough, he did! So my accomodations would include 5 days, 4 nights in Orlando to see Mickey Mouse of course, then on to sunny Daytona for a 4 day, 3 night extravaganza. I would also receive a luggage set and a travel CD to maximize my stay, how convenient. Then he could send me information about Bahamas if I was interested, just let him know, he'd get that right out.

Well, to get this wonderful vacation within the next 12 months all I would need to do is pay the $149 per person, up to two people gift tax. And $29.00 for the shipping of my new luggage.

At that point I said, "I thought it was a WON vacation?" But of course in every state you need to pay taxes, it's one of the 2 certainties of life. At this point I told him I was not interested due to the high "gift tax" cost. He asked if I would still like to go? Well sure!! It's only 16 degrees here! He asked me to hold the line.

His "Manager" Bill (didn't catch the full name, to fast a talker)came on the line and asked why I wouldn't be able to pay $298.00 for a vacation? Where else would you be able to get a vacation for $298.00? EXCUSE ME!? I stated I was talking to Pedro employee number 3098, because I had WON a vacation, and I thought the "gift tax" was a bit high. He then said "Well, if you went on a gameshow, and won, you would have to pay the taxes". I then said, that's why I don't go on gameshows.

I guess I was a bit much for Bill, because at that point he said, with a sigh, "Have a nice day mam". and hung up.
I was a bit flabergasted and searched the internet for them, this is one of the many websites I came to. Just thought I'd give a little input.
Best Regards

Kelly
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2003 01:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fulfillment-International/internet/Fulfillment-International-ripoff-I-won-a-vacation-but-it-cost-me-Internet-Nationwide-73083. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fulfillment International