Complaint Review: Full Sail University

• Updated: Sun, February 03, 2013

• Reported By: Robbin — petal Mississippi USA
Full Sail University
3300 University Blvd. Winter Park, Florida United States of America

Full Sail University Took my sons Pell grant,un and sub loan money and parent plus loan money. When he was there only not even a week. Charged him full tuition Winter Park, Florida

My son attended full sail in 2010. Pell grant, sub and unsub loans and parent plus loan. He attended class not even a week  in January and contacted the school and told them he could not do it and wanted to withdraw. They said okay and would make note. They never returned any of his loan money back to the lenders and waited till feb to officially withdraw him. Upon doing so they kept all the loan money and now we are having to repay loans they never returned to the lenders. WE contacted the school and was sent an email saying he wasn't withdrawn until feb.

Thats not our fault they were notified during that first week. And we are being charged almost 7k. He was only 17 at the time and now because of the schools lack of taking responsibility he is in debt and myself for the loans they kept.WE have contacted the school and all we keep getting is, we charged for a full semester because their paper work says he was till enrolled when he was not. Tis not our fault they failed to withdraw him when they were first called and told...They should have to repay the lenders back their money, not stick it on myself and my son. Be careful of this school if you withdraw make sure to do so in writing and you get a confirmation letter from them. Dont take their word for it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2013 12:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Full-Sail-University/Winter-Park-Florida-32792/Full-Sail-University-Took-my-sons-Pell-grantun-and-sub-loan-money-and-parent-plus-loan-m-1008210. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Full Sail University