- Report: #659926
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Full Service Network
Full Service NetworkU.S. Steel Tower, Floor 30 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania United States of America
Full Service Network False Advertising Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1. Full Service Network had an agreement with verizon that resulted from a lawsuit against verizon for unfair business practices, which allowed all verizon home phone customers to switch to Full Service Network (FSN) without incurring any cancellation penalties or charges for doing so.
2. Full Service Network provided discounted phone service in comparison to Verizon's with no hidden taxes/surcharges/fees and lower pricing for phone plan and features and services and no service contracts. (He even gave me a dollar to dollar comparison for each service). He also stated there were no pro-rated charges through FSN as verizon has.
3. Full Service Network had an actual copy of my verizon telephone/internet contract (gentleman stated that it was sitting right in front of him on his computer screen) and that it clearly showed that I was not under a contract for home telephone service in my bundled order, only for high speed internet...(then he proceeded to remind me again of the agreement between Full Service Network and Verizon as a back up guarantee to the so called "contract" of mine he was viewing.
4. The gentleman wanted me to explain to him why I would wish to continue paying higher prices for my verizon home telephone service that was equal in service and quality to that of Full Service Network's. (aka FSN) Aside from my fears of possible early termination fees which he adamantly put to rest, I told him about some of the bonus programs and perks verizon offered to its customers, such as Verizon calling agent, etc., and my reasons for wanting them. This is how he responded: "You would be keeping all those extra services. They ONLY thing that will change from what you are getting now is the party who's billing you. Verizon is still responsible for maintaining your telephone lines, you get to keep all your current services, telephone number included, offered through verizon, and NOTHING would change Except for who receives the bill and payment for those services.
After finally agreeing to switch services, this is what it has come to:
I got a final telephone bill from verizon that includes a early termination charge in the amount of $216.99.
I'm on a monthly fixed income of SSD, and wondering how the hell I'm going to afford paying this back. I ended up having to make payment arrangements for the next 11 months to pay it off.
Here's the response I got from "Chase" at Full Service Network this morning upon my calling them furious once again over the second false advertising issue that has come up with their company. (Last month I called over the first, losing my verizon program perks that I was promised would remain intact with no changes upon switching to FSN):
Chase: "Do you remember the gentleman's name who sold you our service?"
Me: "Yes I do, he stated his name is Willie"
Chase: "hmm....Let me see here....I see a Wilbert......(don't recall the last name that he sputtered off)....is the name listed as the one who signed you up for our service
Me: "Well obviously it's the same individual, being that Will/Willie are short for Wilbert."
Chase: "Well that may be true in some cases, but I know Wilbert, and he doesn't go by the name "Willie"
Chase: "People got to be careful how they use the term contract. We actually have no idea what your contract with Verizon shows.....all we get to view is a copy of a bill...so maybe you thought....."
Me: "I didn't think anything. I KNOW what was stated to me and I KNEW what I asked and I DEFINITELY knew why I was hesitant to accept your service upon my first phone conversation with "Willie" (wanted to consider all that was stated to me, and come up with any more possible questions I might have for "Willie".) I spoke a good 35-45 minutes with this gentleman and quizzed him on everything from charges,services, to potential penalties, and then some.
Chase: "Well all I can do m'am is send this case for internal review"
Me: "You do that. I hate to know how many other customers were ripped off in the same manner. What about this bill. Your company lied, and now I owe Verizon "$216.99. Your people should be the one paying for this, NOT me! In fact, I will definitely NOT be using your service much longer"
Chase: "Well I can tell you now from experience ma'am, FSN will not pay any penalty fees you incur from verizon. We have nothing to do with the contract that exists between you and Verizon. What I suggest you do is call Verizon, try to make a deal with them to come back if they waive your penalty fee or something. That's all I can tell you.
Me: "And what if I can't get them to waive the fee?"
Chase: "I'm sorry ma'am. There's nothing more FSN can do for you.
I was unable to work out a deal with verizon to forgo that fee, even when I proposed returning back to verizon for home phone service at my current address. I was always a good customer, had two accounts at two different addresses without ever being late on a payment. None of it mattered. I "broke" a contract.
Now here I am on a monthly fixed income of SSD unable to afford my bills already, and bound to pay more money I can't afford thanks to a screwed up company called Full Service Network, (FSN)!!!!!!!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2010 09:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Full-Service-Network/Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-15219/Full-Service-Network-False-Advertising-Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-659926. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)