• Report: #281987

• Submitted: Tue, October 30, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, February 05, 2008

• Reported By:Murrieta California
Full Spectrum/Countrywide Home Loans
35 N. Lake Avenue, 3rd Floor Pasadena, California U.S.A.

Full Spectrum Lending/Countrywide Home Loans illeagally obtained social security number, ran credit, and told me so what are going to do about it Pasadena California

*Consumer Suggestion: Easy case - both of them...

*Consumer Comment: Your not the only one

Full Spectrum Lending (a branch of countrywide) decided to illegally access my social security number and run credit inquiries for a mortgage. I called them to find out what was going on. I was told that I must have provided my social becuase that is the only way the "account executive" could have got it, and in fact the phone conversation was recorded to prove it. When I told him that I need a copy of that authorization the branch Manager turned nasty and told me that it is his word against mine and to get a lawyer.

I called the office of the president at Full Spectrum and filed a complaint against the branch manager and also to request they find out how my social security numbers ended up in the hands of this law breaker. After 3 weeks of run around I finally spoke with someone of authority.

I spoke with the VP of this region. His story was in direct contridiction to what I was originally told by the branch manager. He stated that it was company practice to allow account reps to access to my social security number and further stated that there is no written or verbal authorization on record. Sorry.

I asked if this was intended for a mortgage application, then where are my disclosures or credit denial? The million dollar response,,,"Uh I don't know.

The conversation ended on this note, "Mr Arnold your information and credit was accessed illeagally and we are sorry, we repremanded the manager and the account rep is no longer with us, we are sorry if this incident has prevented or hindered your plans to refinance and if sorry is not good enough, then get a lawyer"
In short, they admitted fault and challanged me to a David vs Goliath show down in court.

I need a good attorney

Murrieta, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2007 05:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Full-SpectrumCountrywide-Home-Loans/Pasadena-California-91101/Full-Spectrum-LendingCountrywide-Home-Loans-illeagally-obtained-social-security-number-r-281987. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Full Spectrum/Countrywide Home Loans

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Easy case - both of them...

AUTHOR: Julie - (U.S.A.)

Small money - a couple of thousand - but you can get something if your credit report was accessed without your permission. If you must still have the credit report showing the inquiry.

(((ROR redacted)))

Your not the only one

AUTHOR: Wangy - (U.S.A.)

They did the same thing to me last summer in 2006. I did not pursue it.