Complaint Review: Full Throttle AZ

• Submitted: Wed, July 08, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 08, 2009

• Reported By:AZ Arizona
Full Throttle AZ
2330 W. Broadway Rd Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.

Full Throttle AZ Fraud, Scam, Full Throttle, Rental, Damage, Repair Mesa Arizona

This last 4th of July day weekend I rented a jet ski from this company's Mesa, AZ location. The rep claimed that they were going to hold $400 deposit and release it once the unit is returned. When I returned the unit the next day two employees Mark and Bryce claimed there were damages on the Jet Ski that I needed to pay for. They claimed that the repair cost for three minor scratches was $600 but that they will just keep my deposit. I said, no, those damages were not on the jet ski when we brought it in. They then said they would be keeping my deposit for so called "damages". This company is in the business of scamming their customers by overcharging them for "damages" that are most likely done by their own employees. I offered to have the scratches fixed by an outside repair shop that quoted me less than $200 to repair the damages but they refused. This business should be investigated for fraud. No where on the contract does it state you cannot get any damages repaired by an outside company and they would not even accept that we pay the lesser amount we were quoted. They are running their business in an illegal manner and taking advantage of customers who trust their vendors. As a result I was charged a total of $700 for a one day rental of a jet ski. Does this seem reasonable to anyone? Be aware of this company, if you do intend on being a customer TAKE YOUR OWN VIDEO AND PICTURES of ALL RENTAL UNITS or you will be ripped off.

AZ, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2009 01:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Full-Throttle-AZ/Mesa-Arizona/Full-Throttle-AZ-Fraud-Scam-Full-Throttle-Rental-Damage-Repair-Mesa-Arizona-467507. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Full Throttle AZ