Complaint Review: Full Throttle Powersports

• Updated: Tue, April 23, 2013

• Reported By: Lindsey12345 — Phoenix Arizona
Full Throttle Powersports
1727 E Weber Drive Tempe, Arizona United States of America

Full Throttle Powersports FT Powersports, Full Throttle Power Sports SCAM, FRAUD, THEFT. This company rents defective equipment and charges you thousands of dollars! Tempe, Arizona

WARNING!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Full Throttle Powersports, LLC aka FT Powersports, LLC is a fraudulent company.  Mark Teachout is a thief.

On January 19, 2013, I went to Full Throttle to pick up the Polaris UTV I reserved, but was informed that it was inoperable.  At that same time, another customer returned with a Can Am UTV, which was offered to me instead.  Because I already made plans for the following day, I agreed to rent the Can Am.  I paid the rental fee of $252.68 plus the $1,000.00 security deposit.  No mechanical inspection was performed on the Can Am UTV before turning it over to me for the day; it was literally taken from the previous customer, videotaped and provided directly to me.

Once at the Cordes Lake/Junction area, I began operating the UTV on a trail towards Jerome.  Within thirty (30) minutes, the tie rod bolt on the right front wheel fell off.  We were forced to wait three (3) hours for a guide to pick us up.  Needless to say, our trip was ruined.  The next day, I returned the UTV to Full Throttle, demanding a return of the rental fee and security deposit.

The employees falsely and deceivingly informed me that my initial $1,000.00 security deposit was in the process of being returned to my bank account, and in the interim it was necessary for me to put down another $1,000.00 security deposit.  In hopes that this would resolve the situation, I provided a second security deposit of $1,000.00.  To date, no funds have been returned and NO INVOICES HAVE BEEN PROVIDED TO ME.  They also refused to return my phone calls.

They intended to keep all deposits without ever presenting me with proof of the costs they incurred as a result of their ill-maintained vehicle.  The invoice they finally presented to my bank was clearly doctored with whiteout and did not list the name of the company that performed the alleged repairs, nor did they include any receipts for parts, etc.

I never received what I contracted for, i.e. a fully functioning UTV.  I am certainly entitled to the immediate reimbursement of the rental fee of $252.68 and both security deposits in the amount of $2,000.00.  I fulfilled all of my obligations required by the Agreement, yet Full Throttle failed to provide an operable UTV.  This is an obvious breach of contract.

Please look them up on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website as well.  You will see that Full Throttles rating is an F.  As you will see from the multiple unresolved complaints via the BBB, Maricopa County Justice Court website, Yelp, etc., Full Throttle and owner Mark Teachout intentionally rent defective equipment and keep thousands of dollars in security deposits from each and every customer by creating fraudulent repair invoices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2013 12:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Full-Throttle-Powersports/Tempe-Arizona-85281/Full-Throttle-Powersports-FT-Powersports-Full-Throttle-Power-Sports-SCAM-FRAUD-THEFT-1045557. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Full Throttle Powersports