Complaint Review: Fun Rewards for You

• Updated: Tue, June 24, 2014

• Reported By: Mr. Quiros — New York
Fun Rewards for You
Internet USA

Fun Rewards for You Redemption Source Impossible to contact, very hard to redeem, this is a scam La Mesa, CA Internet

*Consumer Comment: scam

I got a voucher to redeem for a three night stay at a hotel in one of 20 or 25 different cities in the states and Canada. The voucher was given to us in an event we attended to and when we went to redeem is when we found out we were dealing with funforyourewards. They advertise their whole policy is to make the redemption process easy, in their own words:

"Our goal is to make it easy for you to redeem your certificate and our philosophy is this: "What good is it to receive a gift certificate if you can't use it?".

This couldnt be further form the truth. They make it so hard and over complicated that you give up and pay for nothing. There is absolutely no value in their travel vouchers and it is not worth your time. They claim they have deals with hotels for unsold rooms, but I would venture to guess the way they actually pay for the few rooms they do need to book is funded by using the money of the poeple who give up halfway through the process!

I was given the voucher and had to:

1. Register online to receive a certificate
  2. With the certificate Register at funrewardsforyou.com/ to get a confirmation number
  3. With the confirmation number download and fill in a reservation form
  4. You have to to give an option of three possible destinations and three different travel dates. There are also more restrictions than I can ever remeber that you must follow.
  5. Mail or Fax (really... in 2014...) the form
  6. Send also a Money order by mail (really... again...2014) for the deposit fee, which is very hard to calculate by the way based on different rules on travel dates and day of the week, plus number of people, etc.
  7. Because of the above, I got an email back saing my money order was short by 20.00 dollars
  8. The email did not allow me to respond to it. I was asked to re complete the form and mail it in again with the missing $20.00
  9. There is no phone number or email to contact this company
  10. Their contact form on their website only takes in 250 caracthers, so to write a very simple complain I had to submit a contact form 5 times!!

Absolutely horrendous experience. All said and done I have paid 200.00, and I doubt very much I will get to use these three nights stay. Even if I did... I can probably find a very decent hotel for the same duration spending maybe 50 dollars more.... I will keep pushing through just because of the pricniple, but for anybody considering this, please dont do, Not worth your time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2014 08:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fun-Rewards-for-You-/internet/Fun-Rewards-for-You-Redemption-Source-Impossible-to-contact-very-hard-to-redeem-this-1157053. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fun Rewards for You

scam

AUTHOR: Ada - (USA)

I was also the victim of Fun Rewards Redemption Center.  I donated my car to heritage for the blind knowing that was doing a good thing, but I was being ripped off by their partner.  I learned my lesson and never a company that does not provide a phone contact and requested money before services.