Complaint Review: Funai Corp.

• Submitted: Thu, December 13, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, December 13, 2007

• Reported By:Bloomingdale New Jersey
Funai Corp.
19900 Van Ness Ave Torrance, California U.S.A.

Funai Corp Magnavox Warranty Repair is ripping me off Torrance California

I purchased a Magnavox VHS/DVD recorder from Wal-Mart in January 2007. By May the unit would drop power less than 10 seconds after it was turned on. I did not get around to calling for warranty service until July. I called 800-605-8453 and spoke to Tim. Was told to FAX copy of receipt to 310-320-0571 to generate a UPS pickup. August 24 - Faxed info. September - Received phone call saying the second sheet of my fax was missing and to re-fax. Re-faxed. Now my faxing costs are up to $6.00. October 12- No response and no pickup. Called and spoke to Victoria who said the 90 day free warranty was up and I would have to pay $45 for labor. I had to have a money order made out to Jantronic, and I would be contacted for a pickup by UPS. November 28 - Again no response. Called back and spoke to Richard who assured me that he could get things working. He must have gone to the same "tell them what they want to hear" class as all the others. December 13 - Still no response from the company. Called and spoke to Jonathan who put me through to Daniel, who said he was a Customer Relations Manager (what do I know from my end of the phone?). I asked th have the $45 fee waived due to their no response. "Can't do that." How about take the unit back and give me a new one? Same answer. I am ready to go to the Network TV troubleshooter and give them some really bad publicity.

Bloomingdale, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2007 03:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Funai-Corp/Torrance-California-90501/Funai-Corp-Magnavox-Warranty-Repair-is-ripping-me-off-Torrance-California-291365. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Funai Corp.