Complaint Review: Funai Corporation

• Submitted: Tue, September 06, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, September 06, 2005

• Reported By:Beltsville Maryland
Funai Corporation
Japan Frederick, Maryland U.S.A.

Funai Corporation ripoff plasma TV and warranty Frederick Maryland

I purchased a Funai Plasma TV (from Best Buy, actually). Six months after purchase, the screen went black and the power would not turn off. It is still under the manufacturers warranty, so I called them and told them the problem. They directed me to one of their services repair locations, who I then called.

They came and picked the TV up, the first week of July (6th). It is now mid September and they have not repaired the TV or brought it back. I have called repeatedly and been told that they ordered the part and that it brought the picture back, but there is something wrong with the picture. I keep calling to check the status and the repair center told me I would have to call the Funai Corporation because they cannot fix the problem. The Funai Corporation keeps telling me that someone will call me back, but nobody does.

I want them to fulfill their warranty claim, which I have in writing, along with my receipts but they will not call me back. It has been almost 3 months and I have no TV and I am still making payments on it. Who do I call?

Beltsville, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2005 06:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Funai-Corporation/Frederick-Maryland/Funai-Corporation-ripoff-plasma-TV-and-warranty-Frederick-Maryland-156084. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Funai Corporation