Complaint Review: Funai Corporation

• Submitted: Mon, January 05, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, January 05, 2009

• Reported By:Hot Springs Arkansas
Funai Corporation
210 Route 17 North Suite No 903 Rutherford, New Jersey U.S.A.

Funai Corp And Their CUstomer Service Terrible eletctronics, DVD recorder, DVD player & LCD TV 32" Rutherford New Jersey

In Jan 2007 we bought a DVD recorder from Walmart, it turned out to be the Funai Corp. We didn't use it very much at all probably less than 10 times. In Jun of 2007 I went to use it and failed to operate. I called Customer Service they said that they would forward it to some guy nmaed Fernando to determine what to do. They told me in the middle of July that they would pick up the item through UPS and determine a course of action. 1 Aug 2007, UPS picked it up. I called through Sep and Oct. Finally, I got word that they were going to refund the money. I gave them all of the information. I waited and called, and emailed and waited. In Jan 2008, they said that the check had been returned as no such address. I live in a small town of about 2800, and my house has been there nearly 20 years. It is one of the better well known roads in town. Finally in April I received a refund of the DVD recorder and tax. Over a year after the fact.

But wait it gets better.

While I was going through the ordeal I purchased a LCD 32" high definition TV through a store on EBAY. IT was a Emerson so I figured great. Emerson a good company. I started noticing vertical lines through my TV. Turns out Emerson is ALSO FUNAI. NOW they want to take my 32" TV and leave me with NOTHING while they decide waht to do.

In April of this year I bought a DVD player/VCP ( Video Cassette Player) again at Walmart. IT was labeled MAGNAVOX. I didn't use the DVD player for about 6 months and the first time I tried to use it the DVD door will not open. Turn it over to see the manufacturer SURPRISE. FUNAI AGAIN! AARRGH. NOW I have to send it back to get a refund. What a ABSOLUTLEY LOUSY COMPANY WITH A HORRIBLE TRACK record. Just Google LCD TV and vertical lines. You might be surprised.

Hot Springs, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2009 06:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Funai-Corporation/Rutherford-New-Jersey-07070/Funai-Corp-And-Their-CUstomer-Service-Terrible-eletctronics-DVD-recorder-DVD-player-LC-408433. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Funai Corporation