Complaint Review: Funai Corporation

• Submitted: Sat, October 06, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, October 06, 2007

• Reported By:Chicago Illinois
Funai Corporation
19900 Van Ness Ave. Torrance, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 310-320-0571
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Funai Corporation On going battle with customer service they have lied to me with their stall tactics Torrance California

Since 9/11/07 when I faxed in the problem with a LCD 20 inch TV that I bought from Walmart onlt 9 months ago, it has been a nightmare.
First I was told by Melonie that they were sending me out UPS labels to ship the set and it would be repaired for $65.00. And I had to give the driver cash only. I had to be home to sign for the labels. The old TV had to be packed up so UPS could pick it up at the same time. The labels never came. I have called the 310-787-3000 ext 274 so many time I have lost count. After three weeks of calling and leaving messages and at times talking to someone a supervisor (Edgar) called and and told me the TV was going to be a swap out and he would call me in two days to explain it to me. After two days no one called I spent three day trying to reach some at Funai. I reached Melonie and she told me th TV was sent out and it would take 3 to 5 business days to receive it and someone had to sign for it. Seven days go by and nothing received. A week later I reach Edgar the supervisor and he tells me the TV has been shipped by a trucking company and would take 7 t0 10 days. But when I asked for a routing number to track it, needless to say I did not get one. I was told to call him back on 10/5/07 (Fri.) and he would give one. I called on 10/5 and talked to George who told me Edgar was off and told me again that the TV was shipped on 9/21/07. I asked how could that be when Edgar told me it was still in the warehouse? He confirmed that it was after putting me on hold several times. And I should call Edgar back on Monday, 10/8/07. I'm not sure this is a real company it feels like a scam!
Annie form Chicago

Annie
Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2007 09:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Funai-Corporation/Torrance-California-90501/Funai-Corporation-On-going-battle-with-customer-service-they-have-lied-to-me-with-their-st-277415. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Funai Corporation