Complaint Review: Fundamental Consumer Strategies

• Submitted: Tue, December 21, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, December 21, 2004

• Reported By:La Mirada California
Fundamental Consumer Strategies
234 Hudson Avenue Albany, New York U.S.A.

Fundamental Consumer Strategies Cleverly Disgiused Scam! Ripoff Albany New York

I received a phone call around October 15, 2004. The individual on the phone stated that they were from Fundamental Consumer Strategies and told me about a great off they had. I would receive, for a one time fee of $300, a credit card that would be 0% interest over the life of the card with a $2000 credit limit to be raised to $5000 after a couple months of good payments.

I was very skeptical at first because it seemed to good to be true. However, they seemed to have a lot of information on me which, they reported they got from a credit card offer online (which I don't remember filling out). However, they sounded like they were legitimate! So, I gave them my routing and bank account number. Then, the frustration began. I was told that I would receive the card via FedEx, but when I called a couple days later I was told that was not true and I would receive it in 3-4 weeks via regular mail. When I questioned thier legitimacy, I was told they didn't have a web site but was given an address.

When the 3-4 weeks was up, I called them for 2 weeks straight without getting through. When I finally got someone on the phone and I was given some story about a shipping mix-up where 2000 cards were sent out without addresses (whatever!) So, I was advised to wait another week - my card would for sure be in the reshipped batches.

Well, December 14th rolls around and still no card! After berating the woman who answered the phone over their negligence, I agree to wait 3-5 more business days while they air-mailed my card. I just spoke with them today and nothing.

During one of my calls, I thought to ask who the financial institution was that backed the card (since the girl previously told me that Visa would send my card)....I was told that they couldn't give out that information because it was private! Then I was informed that they didn't even have a number for FCS - they were just the customer service people and they communicated with FCS through email no phone number?

It has now been over 2 months and nothing! The thing that is so aggrivating is that they are great about having you wait one more week, 10 more business days. Everything is about more time. I have gotten a few names: Vicki, Tanya, and Tina. But still no answers!!!

I was very happy to have stumble upon this site as I trying desperately to find out something on this company. I take little comfort in the fact that I am not alone. I just want my money back. Our family barely scrapes by, and for companies to prey upon people struggling financially is so sick!!!

Alicia
La Mirada, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2004 03:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fundamental-Consumer-Strategies/Albany-New-York-12210/Fundamental-Consumer-Strategies-Cleverly-Disgiused-Scam-Ripoff-Albany-New-York-123924. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fundamental Consumer Strategies