Complaint Review: Fundamental Consumer Strategies

• Submitted: Mon, December 06, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, December 16, 2004

• Reported By:Lafayette Indiana
Fundamental Consumer Strategies
234 Hudson Ave Suite 1826 Albany, New York U.S.A.

Fundamental Consumer Strategies Ripoff SCAM DONT THROW AWAY $299.00 Albany New York

*Consumer Comment: Did u get your card?

*Author of original report: Got Through after 1 hour 25 min @ 1-866-333-1593

I was contacted via personal cell phone by a representative from Fundamental Consumer Strategies. The call took me off guard, and I was not prepared for what happened next. Somehow, these scammers found out personal information. Though I am located in Indiana, they knew the hospital that I currently owe money to in Pennsylvania. Looking back, I concluded that they must have received this information by pulling my credit report. I was told for $299 (one-time fee) I would receive an unsecured visa card with a limit of $2,000 and that I would then be able to pay off my medical bill, using said card. My credit has not been that great in the past, and I feel they use this kind of information to prey on individuals.

I unfortunately fell victim to their ploy. It has been 1 month and I have yet to receive the promised credit card that I foolishly paid for through my checking account. I have tried to contact these individuals, but the number is always busy. The number (1-866-333-1593) can never be reached anytime during business hours (8-5 pm EST). Please regard this as a serious warning and do not fall victim to their con.

Eric
Lafayette, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2004 03:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fundamental-Consumer-Strategies/Albany-New-York-12210/Fundamental-Consumer-Strategies-Ripoff-SCAM-DONT-THROW-AWAY-29900-Albany-New-York-121524. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fundamental Consumer Strategies

Did u get your card?

AUTHOR: Eva - (U.S.A.)

Just wondering if after all this time you got your card because FCS swears they are legit but I as well have yet to see my card after 6 weeks waiting !

Got Through after 1 hour 25 min @ 1-866-333-1593

AUTHOR: Eric - (U.S.A.)

For all of you trying to get through to the "FCS", I finally did. It was like trying to win a contest on a radio station. I when speaking w/ certain individuals, they just kept putting me on hold to get another to speak for them, since they could not answer the most simple questions.

First off they answer and say good morning Fundamental Strategies how may I help you. I explain as like all the rest of you have been done over. Then the lady Vickie, says to me wait while I get my Supervisor. She comes on and says how may I help you. I say where are you located and she says QUBEC, CANADA. Come on folks I said to her you are "FCS" and she replies Yes, then I said OK.

So when I asked her for why I had not yet recieved my card she saysc "It is coming from Albany NY, and they have no control over that". She said to me as I got her into her trap, she said they are a customer service center helping out "FCS".

OK, which is it I asked 1.) Are You the company or not and she just hung up. This proves to me and should to all of you that this is a nice HOLIDAY SCAM for someone who will have a better holiday the whole way around.

French Canadians - Never cared for them, nor will I ever. And yet Canada is one of our USA allies. Lets think. Fundament Customer Strategies is a fake business located in a foreign country making more off our dollar and yet in my eyes they will never get ahead to our dollar. I will no longer take my money across those borders as long as I am an American Citizen.