Complaint Review: Funflatables Merrillville

• Updated: Sun, March 31, 2013

• Reported By: Gloria — DeMotte Indiana
Funflatables Merrillville
1923 Southlake Mall Merrillville, Indiana United States of America

Funflatables Merrillville Wendy / Windy Misleading, Untrained Staff, Ruined my grandaughters birthday paety! Merrillville, Indiana

My daughter booked a birthday party with this Funflatables Merrillville. She was told by the untrained staff that she could not bring decorations and that funflatables Merrillville would supply decorations, table coverings, utencils, and plates. The only thing we could bring was a cake. No food or beverages. When we arrived, the first thing I noticed was a beautiful layout for a young girl, including personalized water bottles and goodie bags, big ballons etc...I thought this was my daughters party. When I was directed to our "layout" there was NOTHING! No special table coverings, no goodie bags, the plates cups etc were generic dollar store brand. My daughter was at her wits end. She was verbally told there would be decorations but on the contract she signed THE DAY OF THE PARTY said we could bring decorations. 12 children with parent were crammed in a space (no place to hang coats) 2 pizzas and a juice box for each child. You couldnt even order extra pizza because it is ordered out. The children could only play for 2 hours. No water unless you payed for it. Security is lacking. No attendant. It was horribly hot in there. All this for 190.00 bucks!! When I finally talked to the general manager on the phone, (no management on premises) She said the tablres are covered and the walls are painted those are the decorations promised. And we are pretty much SOL. Do not waste your money on this misleading promise of a birthday party. They could care less if they ruin a party for your child. Wendy has an excuse for everything.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2013 12:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Funflatables-Merrillville/Merrillville-Indiana-46410/Funflatables-Merrillville-Wendy-Windy-Misleading-Untrained-Staff-Ruined-my-grandaughte-1039486. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Funflatables Merrillville