Complaint Review: FunkPlay.com

• Submitted: Sun, June 23, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, June 23, 2013

• Reported By: Bonner — Knoxville Tennessee
Internet USA

FunkPlay.com Come-On Offer To Obtain Membership Application and Charge Credit Card Internet

In searching for a user manual for a Brother GX-9000 typewriter, I found a link on Google to a website named OwlManuall offering a Brother GX 6750 User Manual for free download. I clicked on the download link and was taken to a website called FunkPlay that asked for a "Free" membership application and a valid credit card prior to downloading the manual, I gave them that. They said my card would not be charged but went thorugh a series of offers. I was not able to access the offered pdf file of the manual but my card was charged $8 for access to someting related to games and I had to agree to a  $1.00 charge in order to immediately cancel my "membership." In my 18 years on the internet, I have never seen such an abusive web site as this one is. Hopefully, other people who stumble into this site will check RipOff Report before signing up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2013 04:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FunkPlaycom/internet/FunkPlaycom-Come-On-Offer-To-Obtain-Membership-Application-and-Charge-Credit-Card-Intern-1061390. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FunkPlay.com