Complaint Review: Funtonia

• Updated: Tue, March 27, 2007

• Reported By:San Antonio Texas
Funtonia
Nationwide U.S.A.

Funtonia - Unlimited Ringtones, MP3's, and Wallpapers! NOT! I'm looking for Abigail I want my money BACK! Scammers!! ripoff Nationwide

*Author of original report: wap.funtonia.com/unlimited ringtones for one year, NOT!!!

*Author of original report: Last Attempt for FUNTONIA.COM to resolve my issue!!!

03/20/2007
Debit: $23.88 from merchant 171689535 MC FUNTONIA.COM 15852675445 GIB
With Card ****************
$23.88
--------------------
This is copied and pasted right from my actual debit account history report. These poeple seemed to be a legitamate company but I've come to find out they're not. I have 8 corresponding E-mails with someone by the name of Abigail who is supposedly from the support department at Funtonia.

After the 3rd reply from Abigail I noticed that these E-mails were nothing but poor quality generated repeats that were probably being sent to 100's of others in my same predicament.

As soon as I downloaded my first ringer I knew something wasn't right. The darn thing would only play on my phones MP3 player. In the first 24 hours of purchasing this service I was all over the place trying to find help because I thought it was because I was missing something on my phone that was causing the malfunction. So then I tried using my daughters phone to see if it would retrieve the download. Since Funtonia does "support" Virgin Mobile phones. Well that didn't work either.

I even sent a E-mail to Abigail telling her that I wanted my money back for the 3rd time and proceeded to confront the situation on keyboard in my E-mail. I am upset that there is no phone number for you to call them at for customer care and when you try to go to the Affiliate site which is www.affiliate.funtonia.com, this site doesn't exsist.

As I write this report it's been a little over 48 hours since I entered their site for the 1st time. And now I'm really hot headed. If They only knew how lucky they are to be hiding behind a panel of chips and wires. I am going to continue investigating these people on my own and will up date from time to time as to my findings. Everyone needs to get thier statements from thier credit or debit card providers and lets start tracking the merchant numbers until they can't produce anymore for each account they rip off and wait for them to slip up by duplicating a merchant number they have already used and do something about this.

I don't know about you but I am disabled and right now am living well below poverty standards with a small check every month of $219.00. This was suppose to be a special gift for me purchased by my friend to make me feel a bit better about myself now that I've been down and out for awhile. Now we all feel really crappy due to the WONDERFUL site FRAUDTONIA, oops, excuse me, I meant Funtonia.

Dana
San Antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2007 05:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Funtonia/nationwide/Funtonia-Unlimited-Ringtones-MP3s-and-Wallpapers-NOT-Im-looking-for-Abigail-I-want-239799. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Funtonia

wap.funtonia.com/unlimited ringtones for one year, NOT!!!

AUTHOR: Danalynn - (U.S.A.)

I'm going to post pictures of my cellphone and what the pages display may be hard to see clearly but you also need to understand that what you will be seeing is really nothing at all anyway. The first picture I took was of the wap address that I was to enter in order to retrieve my ringtone.
(wap.funtonia.com)

The second shot is of the page described in the instructions to receive the ringtone. "ENTER NUMBER" (where you enter your cell phone #)

The final shot is of the actual SO Called download page. In the upper left hand corner of screen you will notice a tiny blue box. Well that TINY BOX is the ringtone! And the ringtone WILL play for you as long as you stay right there on that same page. And this is the only way that the ringtones will play.

AUTHOR: Danalynn - (U.S.A.)

Today has been the seventh day since I filed this complaint on "RIP-OFF REPORT" against Funtonia.com. I visited their website this evening to send one last E-mail requesting my refund. Below is a copy of the actual E-mail sent.

TO:Billing @ Funtonia.com

I have patiently been waiting to hear from you people. The last E-mail I received was exactly 7 days ago to date. If you are unaware of me and the problems between your company and myself, please refer to your E-mail correspondances between the two parties, (you & I ). If you DO NOT have these on file, I do. All of them! And you may request copies if so needed.

This matter needs to handled in the next 48 hours or I will be forced to take further action against Funtonia.com, it's partners, affiliates, as well as Abigail (aka-customer service).

I am requesting this day, March 27, 2007, that Funtonia.com refund the amount paid to them for one full year of unlimited ringtones, wallpapers,etc. back into my account that Funtonia.com has on record. I am also stating that after trying this service the service was not compatible with my phone(s) via SMS, WAP ,as well as by following instruction for download via USB.

Danalynn

Okay, now that you've viewed my last attempt to collect my money from this site there are a few things I want to add! I am shocked that this company has an affiliate program where they offer between $5 and $10 commission for each person you lure to join their services. I also noticed that they have taken the link to the partnership company off their site. I am going to post all of the info on these other sites later.

As for now I am going to wait out the 48 hours to see if they resolve this issue before pulling the other companies names into this arguement.