Complaint Review: Furniture Distributors

• Updated: Mon, August 19, 2013

• Reported By: Claudia — Newport North Carolina
Furniture Distributors
HW 70 West Newport, North Carolina USA

Furniture Distributors Tried to rip me off by sending me a display model and then lied about it. Newport North Carolina

I went to furniture distributors to buy a couch and found one I really liked.

The Sales man was nice, even though he continously called me honey, which I find very unprofessional.

The couch I bought was discontinued and at a sale price of $899, vs. $999 regular price.

I asked twice if he had one in the warehouse as I did not want a display model and I was told twice, yes.

So, when the delivery truck came, to my surprise, the couch was unwrapped and the delivery guys told me, it was a floor model. The cushions were just thrown on the truck, laying in dirt, one got dropped in a puddle in front of my house.

I called the floor, asking to speak to a manager, which of course there none available and after 30 minutes somebody finally called me back.

Nick, the sales man, tried to tell me again, that it was not a floor model, and I told him, that his delivery guys told me, that they got this couch of the floor in the other store. I also told him that it was stained and the cushion was dropped in a puddle.

He offered me a $100 discount, telling me that was the best he could do, and I declined that offer and send the couch back.

I requested to have my money back today, so we will see.

This was another unpleasant experience with the furniture industry, where the sales men seem more interested in making a quick deal and will lie to you to get this deal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2013 10:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Furniture-Distributors/Newport-North-Carolina-28570/Furniture-Distributors-Tried-to-rip-me-off-by-sending-me-a-display-model-and-then-lied-ab-1077018. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Furniture Distributors