Complaint Review: Furniture Outlet

• Submitted: Fri, February 17, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, February 17, 2006

• Reported By:sacramento California
Furniture Outlet
5005 Stockton Blvd Sacramento, California U.S.A.

Company owner, Mr. Ray Safirian, his minions Mike Hernandez and Levon, are liars and cheaters. We bought a piece of furniture, which we were only going to pay 10% down until delivery. The same evening we paid the 10% down, the company, w/o our permission, drafted the remainder of the expenses - a month later, after a delayed delivery and multiple arguments with the company to refund our money, they showed us the full amount they drafted. When they finally delivered our furniture (3 weeks late at that), it was the wrong piece - but the company refused to acknowledge it, calling us liars, stupid, cheap; then claiming it was exactly what we ordered.

Thank goodness for catalogs and item #s, which showed the company it was not what we ordered. The company had never ordered a new piece; instead the company had sent us the show room piece, which had dust all over the bottom of the furniture (i guess they think no one's going to look beneath). Unfortunately, the show room piece is much too large, with completely different dimensions from the one we ordered. We asked the company to provide us with an invoice from the manufacturer showing what was ordered and when the order was received - the manager refused.

I asked to call the manufacturer together to confirm the measurements and order, at which time the manager informed me how he does business with his manufacturer is none of my business. I told him I am a concerned customer; he yelled and told me I should be afraid of him, he has dealt with many people like me. Of course, I called the police under that threat.

When he realized I really was calling the police, he finally offered to refund my money to get me out of his hair.

Before you do business with this company, check the Better Business Bureau website to get an idea of what kind of business this is. That was my one true regret.

sacramento, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2006 09:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Furniture-Outlet/Sacramento-California-95820/Furniture-Outlet-FURNITURE-RIPOFF-AT-FURNITURE-OUTLET-STORE-Sacramento-California-176862. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Furniture Outlet