Complaint Review: Furniture Tent

• Updated: Sat, June 14, 2014

• Reported By: Wish I would have read this! — Lake Charles Louisiana
Furniture Tent
4400 Temple City Blvd EL Monte, California USA

Furniture Tent Metro Furniture Help! I'm a victim to this company! Sent me damaged furniture, wanted me to look for a local repairman to fix it, would not send me new furniture. They made file a claim with the shipping company. Trying to blame it on them. Now they are saying shipping company rejected claim. I told them to send a truck to pick up their stuff I want a full refund and I never heard back from them. EL Monte California

On 5-31-2014, I ordered a $2,219.60 9 piece dining room table set from Furnituretent.com, plus shipping $219.00. On 6-11-2014, I received 7 boxes on a pallet wrapped in shrink wrap. I made sure I had 7 boxes and they looked ok so I signed the freight truck drivers paper. When I started opening boxes is when I noticed the table was cracked on two sides. The pedestal legs and feet were cracked. I immediately notified the furniture company and she told me I had to file a claim with the shipping company, because the damage occur during shipping. The shipping company said it's not them, it's the furniture tents fault. I ask for them to send me another table and she said: "Because if the damage was not notified , the freight carrier will ask lot for another shipping fee! If the damage noted earlier, they will send at free charge of us! Can you pls just search the repairman to get the repair quote? when you found out,. [continued below]....

....., email me the repairman with the picture and then they usually give you a quote! Meanwhile. i \m waiting for the response as well from the freight carrier to find out the better solution I then sent them, I'm not looking for any repair man in my town. You can send a truck back to my house and pick this stuff back up. I want my money back. First of all, I paid $2430.00 for a "New" table and that's what I want. I want a full refund and you can fight the deliver company for your money. And they never responded back. Don't know what to. Frustrated....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2014 09:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Furniture-Tent-/EL-Monte-California-91731/Furniture-Tent-Metro-Furniture-Help-Im-a-victim-to-this-company-Sent-me-damaged-furn-1154906. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Furniture Tent