Complaint Review: Future Fitness Center (Medford)

• Submitted: Wed, March 06, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, March 06, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — shamong New Jersey United States of America
Future Fitness Center (Medford)
180 Route 70 medford, New Jersey United States of America

Future Fitness Center (Medford) Future Fitness Center (Medford) has unfair business practices medford, New Jersey

I have three family members with signed up for Future Fitness; we have been members for over 2 years.

My situation is this, my monthly membership fees are charged to my credit card each month, and billing is handled by a third party company Affiliated Acceptance Corporation.

Three weeks ago, my credit card was compromised and fraudulent activity started appearing, so I needed to cancel the card and was issued a new card.

Within a couple days of the card being cancelled, Affiliated Acceptance Corporation attempted to charge my account the normal monthly membership fees.

Of course, the transaction failed, and as a result Future Fitness billed by $45 dollars in late fees.
I assume responsibility for not notifying Future Fitness about the credit card.

I paid the normal membership fees as well as the $45 late fees. A week later, Future Fitness started denying my family access to the gym saying I still owed the $45 late fees.

One family member, not knowing I paid the fees, was forced to pay $15 cash prior to getting access to the gym.  He paid the $15. The fees were already paid, so at this point Future Fitness owes me $15.

The next day I visited Future Fitness, the receptionist verified the extra $15 was paid, however, said she could not refund the money, again, sending me back to accounting who said they cant help me.

Finally, I spoke with General Manager Adam, after he researching I spoke to him again, he said the issue is resolved and that I owe nothing, when I reminded him that I paid $60 for $45 in late fees and  Future Fitness owes me $15, his comment was there is nothing he can do about it and asked me why I was causing problems over only $15 He said we are square and if Im not satisfied I should cancel my membership (with them owing me $15). He rudely said to take it up with accounting, which of course is who referred me to him.

On top of their arrogant behavior, over the course of the last 6 months the gym has been going through a construction, at times during construction, equipment was not available, rest rooms closed down, showers closed down and lots of drywall; dust. It was not a pleasant experience.

In short, Im out $15 and Future Fitness refused to do anything about it.

So, while $15 may not seem like a lot of money, given how the staff of Future Fitness has mis-handled the problem, at this point its all about the principal of it. Companies like Future Fitness should not be allowed to steal a customers money and think there will not be consequences to their actions.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2013 01:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Future-Fitness-Center-Medford/medford-New-Jersey-08055/Future-Fitness-Center-Medford-Future-Fitness-Center-Medford-has-unfair-business-pract-1024467. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Future Fitness Center (Medford)