Complaint Review: Future Shop - Best Buy

• Updated: Fri, March 18, 2005

• Reported By:Calgary Alberta
Future Shop - Best Buy
110 - 350R Shawville Boulevard SE Calgary, Alberta Canada

Future Shop ink jet extended warranty coverage print head promises consumables. Rip-off! Calgary Alberta

*Consumer Suggestion: print head on canon IS a consumable

After purchasing the extended warranty for a Canon S520 ink jet printer, the day finally came when I neeeded to act on that warranty. I took the printer in and Future Shop determined that the fault was in the print head. They checked their systems, and advised that the print head was considered a consumable product and thus not covered under warranty. I have several problems with this:

1) A print head is not something I can purchase off the shelf as a consumable product for a printer.

2) Some printer models print heads are considered consumables, some are not.

3) Nothing I agreed to at the time of purchase of the extended warranty specified the print head as a consumable.

4) Where does this argument stop? Are the paper rollers a consumable?

Future Shop are deceitful when selling the extended warranty at the time of product sale. I have not receievd the printer yet as I will take this as far as I need to to get some satisfaction out of this policy. If I cannot, I will personally make sure none of my coworkers or family ever buy at Future Shop or Best Buy.

Patrick
Calgary, Alberta
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2004 09:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Future-Shop-Best-Buy/Calgary-Alberta-T2Y3S4/Future-Shop-ink-jet-extended-warranty-coverage-print-head-promises-consumables-Rip-off-C-112745. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Future Shop - Best Buy

#1 Consumer Suggestion

print head on canon IS a consumable

AUTHOR: Agnieszka - (Canada)

Canon print heads ARE considered consumables, even though they are not end user friendly (ie, you cant change them yourself). Think of an HP printer where the print head is replaced with the cartridge, that would be a consumable. Same thing with the print head that is in the printer on a canon.

I went through the same thing with my canon. i only had it a month, noone told me to use it more than once a week. i ended up just getting an hp printer instead.

chalk it up to experience my friend.