Complaint Review: Future Shop

• Reported By:Anmore British Columbia
Future Shop
2929 Barnet Highway (Coquitlam Centre) Coquitlam, British Columbia Canada

Future Shop Refused to refund packaged deal. Coquitlam British Columbia

*Author of original report: *UPDATE ..

*UPDATE Employee: I work there

On September 13th, I saw the following deal on http://www.futureshop.ca/

On September 14th I went into Future Shop 003 to purchase "Samsung BDP1500 Blu-ray Disc Player" but was informed that Transformers DVD
is out of stock so I asked if I could pick another movie since it was included in the packaged deal.

The Manager approved and I picked out Spider-Man 3 since I have not seen it yet.I was told to pay the difference since the packaged dvd was $4 cheaper.
Now I notice that the dvd was actually $3 cheaper If you calculate from the savings of $134 claimed but whatever.

I thought the packaged deal was fully refundable if returned because of course it was advertised as a package and the sale person even circled the receipt marking it as packaged.

On September 18th I went into Future Shop 003 to return the packaged deal for refund because the Samsung BDP1500 was working intermittently.
The first thing I was told is that the Blu-ray dvd is non refundable because it's software.
Now I am aware of Future Shops policy on returning software but they advertised the price as a packaged deal.

I told the store manager Blair that they should have not advertised the sale price as a packaged deal since they are not treating it as a packaged deal on return.
This is false advertising and misleading. I was never informed that the second I make this purchase, it will not longer be considered a packaged deal.

I gave up after arguing with Blair for 5 min. I was refunded $266.98 for a player that sells for $299.99.
This is not acceptable. If I had a choice I would have Purchased the player for $266.99 and told them they can stick the dvd you know where.

Now I have a Blu-ray dvd that cost me $41.43. It's worth no more then $5 on ebay and Future Shop made profit from the sale of the dvd.

Don't get me wrong, $41.43 is not a fortune but it's a real piss off when you get screwed over.

So the lesson here is not to fall for their packaged deals, especially if they include software that is also sold separately.
Think you have a choice next door by going to Best Buy? Think again, they are both owned by the same US Company.

For a copy of ad and my receipts please go here: http://www.lostdreamsgallery.com/future_shop_scam/

Smack007
Anmore, British Columbia
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2008 03:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Future-Shop/Coquitlam-British-Columbia-V3B-5R5/Future-Shop-Refused-to-refund-packaged-deal-Coquitlam-British-Columbia-374760. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Future Shop

*UPDATE ..

AUTHOR: Smack007 - (Canada)

Bob you don't know what you're talking about.

My complete report is here: (((Redacted)))
FuturesShop head office apologized and issued a full refund. These dvd's were part of a package deal. I know you can't return dvds when purchased on their own.

I work there

AUTHOR: Bob - (Canada)

They do that with any package dvd or blu-ray movie... The reason is they cant resell it so its a lose to the company. Package or not the return policy is

Bring your receipt, packing slip and new, unused item(s) to any Future Shop retail store for an exchange or full refund within:
30 days of receiving your order for most product categories.
14 days of receiving your order for Computers, Monitors, Printers, Laptop Computers, Camcorders, Digital Cameras, Portable DVD Players and Air Conditioners.

hahaha on the web site doesnt say anything about software movies or games...

the sign in the store says software games and movies are unreturnable when opened

but if its defective they have to exchange it for the same title and if they dont have it in stock they then have to give you a refund....

I also dont presure people for product service plan like some other sales assoisates do.. man I offer it and if you dont wanted it fine dont get it I did my job by asking.. and then the manger comes how come your not geting it blah blah blah.. I felt sorry of the custmer untill he told him to f off that was funny

What they do is they just take the amount of the price if they packaged it correctly they would need a mangers password to do it.. because the way they are suposed to do packages are they p1 then the recit would look like this

blueray P1 0.00 126.11
Movie P1 0.00

But what you can do is fill out the survay on the 2 repicts asking how the service was and they read the comments I know because the previous mangers let people know hey you had a custmer that liked your service... I get that all the time because im not pushy I know my product and I have solutions and choices for doing the same thing diffrent ways.. But they only give me 5 hours a week so im quiting this friday so its discound speacial for all my custmers i get they owe me for 400 hrs of unpaid time I keep track of all the times they ask me to stay later and then its banked time.. way I look at it its.. 400x9 = 3600 worth of saveings for custmers
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC