Complaint Review: Future Shop

Future Shop
616 Gardiners Rd. Kingston, Ontario Canada

Future Shop Warranty Scam Kingston Ontario

*Author of original report: Squeeky Wheel

Over the years i have made numerous purchases from the Future Shop, including desk top computers, programmes, games, digital cameras etc.Last year I purchased an ASUS laptop on their recommendation. In the 1o th month of owning it I was typing a letter and it simply stopped working. I  was told  it had a full one year warranty.

I gave them the computer last week, and finally after 8 days they called me and said it was a ram problem and not covered by the full manufacturers warranty, and it would cost me $150 to get it up and running. This is in addition to the $150 I was l charged to retrieve the info from the laptop and store it on an external hard drive. The info was supposed to be out on to my newe ACER lap top I also purchased from them but it was not.

I contacted ASUS on their on line support and they told me that problems of that nature, unless it was my fault for doing something like spilling a drink on the machine which I did not, was covered. Someone is lying and trying to scam extra money from me and I do not think it is ASUS.

I( may have to pay the blood money to Future Shop to get my machinf ne back, but one thing for certain is I will never n=be making another purchase from them; I had picked out the new Stove and refrigeratoor for when my kitchen renos were done, but I know I vcan  never trust this compny (or best buy) again. I have decided to buy a desk top as obviously they are more reliables than lap tops, but it to will not be from Future Shop.

oddly i had never loked at rip off reports in regard to Future Shop/ and Best Buy, but it seems their are a lot of people who have had bad experiences with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2013 09:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Future-Shop/Kingston-Ontario/Future-Shop-Warranty-Scam-Kingston-Ontario-1056804. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Future Shop