Complaint Review: Future Steel Buildings

• Reported By: John — Alabama
Future Steel Buildings
Markham, Ontario Canada

Future Steel Buildings Beware; Sale tactics Markham Ontario

I am another person with loss depsoit with future steel buildings, and I did read the fine print, and it does clearly state you will lose your deposit if you cancel; However do be aware of some slippery sales tactics. I was in the market for a 30x50 building, and had several other quotes. In a high perssure situatoin, between 2 sales guys, with lots of pressure, i got a quote to half price of other competitors, this was a cancelled building which was going to be gone quickly and a deposit was needed asap to secure this great oppotunity. I agreed and recieved the contract in minutes via email, i read it over in detail, was one page, no dwgs, sounded great, i gave the 25% deposit. I recieved the engineered dwgs and information at home, which raised quetions, to which i did get answers, and i ended up cancelling my building and losing my depsoit; some tips:

1) my building did not come with end walls, front or back, that is extra, i was told that is how all their buildings are ordered, no end walls, just a tunnel if you will, of course they offered me a great deal on end walls, but raised my total cost another 50% of the total building price.

2) man doors, were pricey, but needed, only to learn the door is not included in that cost, only the door frame for you to purchase elsewhere and put a door later.

3) windows were the same, pricey and only to learn this is a framed opening for you to purchase and install your own windows from elsewhere.

4) unloading when material arrives, i was responsible to unload the truck, with expected pallet weight of 6000lbs, or i could do it by hand !

5) dont let them try to tell you the price of the concrete foundation required to put this on, get some quotes in your local area, their estimate was much lower than in my area.

6) Height of the building walls, 8ft, i should of caught this one early but i didnt, but for more money it could be higher, i was told 8ft walls was standard, this was my miss.

7) I finaly found the exact same building in my area, and spoke with the owner who was very good to talk with and walked me through in detail setting up the building, issues he has and recommndations he would make; after which point i cancelled my building.

I am sure these are decent quality buildings once set up, just be aware of the high pressure sales tactics, and dont be in a rush, they will come back to you. ask every question you can think of and then some. None of what i missed was in the original contract. I since have purchased elsewhere, for the same price, includes delivery and set up, includes doors and windows not just openings. The questions i asked with other suppliers after this lesson, had them chuckling in disbelief, i mean really i wanted a cold storage building, not a cold stoarge tunnel !! All i can say is beware !!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2013 07:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Future-Steel-Buildings/Markham-Ontario/Future-Steel-Buildings-Beware-Sale-tactics-Markham-Ontario-1070530. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Future Steel Buildings