Complaint Review: G C Services Limited Partnership

• Submitted: Thu, April 26, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, April 26, 2007

• Reported By:Bronx New York
G C Services Limited Partnership
6330 Gulfton Houston, Texas U.S.A.

G C Services Limited Partnership Thieves, Liars ripoff Houston Texas

I recently received calls and notices from GC Services Limited Partnership requesting that I pay the amount of $5,042.47 on interest of a "alleged" student loan. The problem being is that when speaking to the individual at GC Servies Limited Partnership, they wanted me to settle, right then and there on the phone for the amount of $4,000.00 and they want me to make a payment right then.

When I informed them that I do not have that type of money, they stated that I should be about to call relatives to help me pay the amount. I found that a real serious matter that a collection agency would make a statement such as that. I was then inform that I could enter their "Rehab Program" with me agreeing to make 9-12 monthly payments of $60.00 which at the last payment would put me in a Title 4, giving me the ability to apply for any other loans. They also stated that at the last payment of $60.00 another company such as SALLIE MAE would pay the entire amount of the loan(s) and I the would be informed that I would have to pay back a loan even though I did not sign for the loan.

After doing some serious researching on my own, I called the U.S. Department of Education and was referred to the website 1-800-I-WILL PAY and read all the information and download the application of discharge:upaid refund form and complete it and submit it to the U.S. Department of Education with a copy going to GC Servives Limited.

Not once did anyone in GC Services Limited state that since this matter dated back to a college that only attended for one sesminar (1971) and another college that I registared for and never attendded (1982) that this matter may and can be discharged from me leaving the responsiblity of the return of the funds on the school.

It is amazing that even though you or anyone as a comsumer can not get the proper information from this company as to how to dissolve matters such as this without paying out monies that should not be paid out.

Cheryl
Bronx, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2007 07:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/G-C-Services-Limited-Partnership/Houston-Texas-77801/G-C-Services-Limited-Partnership-Thieves-Liars-ripoff-Houston-Texas-245720. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on G C Services Limited Partnership