Complaint Review

General Inquiry, PO Box 981064 El Paso, Texas U.S.A. Phone:
866-571-3012
Category:
Credit & Debt Services

G. E. Money Bank (ie. As Paypal Buyer Credit) FRAUD!! Their payment website fails, then they want to charge payment fee to accept payments by phone. ripoff El Paso, Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: GE Money Bank PAYPAL Credit Payment Website Problems

I've had this problem with G.E. Money Bank (operating as Paypal Credit), on at least three separate occasions in the last 6-7 months. The situation is that I'm attempting to pay my account's monthly payment. Understand, according to their rules (Paypal Credit/G.E. Money Bank), all monthly payments must be made at least two days prior to the due date (weekends do not count) as it takes a minimum of 48 hours to post the payment to the account. However, lately it seems that their website "conveniently" goes down on a regular basis during the time I need to make a payment.

Their website being inaccessible forces me to call their customer service department (1-866-571-3012) in order to make a payment by phone so my payment will be received in time to avoid any late payment fees. Of course, to do this payment by phone they charge a $15 additional fee. I had to do it again the morning, but this time I talked to a supervisor who "waved" the payment fee this time. Duh! It was their website that prevent me from making the payment on time a few days ago!

Had I been able to do that, I wouldn't have had to call customer service to make the payment! As I said, this has happened to me at least three times in the last 6-7 months. Each of these times, I had to call G.E. Money Bank Customer Service to make the payment on my account so it wouldn't be late. This appears to be a convenient way to rip people off for the phone payment fee.

Just as an added note, and because of these difficulties, I have closed this referenced G.E. Money Bank/ Paypal Credit account.

Ragun cajun
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2007 06:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/G-E-Money-Bank/El-Paso-Texas-79998/G-E-Money-Bank-ie-As-Paypal-Buyer-Credit-FRAUD-Their-payment-website-fails-then-th-264075. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on G. E. Money Bank

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Dorcas - (U.S.A.)

I have had the same exact problem I tried going to another website it is paypal.geconsumerfinance.com/ I got a little better response. Most of my payments went thru fine without a problem. I just wanted to share this information with you.

When making PayPal Credit Payments online try using paypal.geconsumerfinance.com/ website

#2 Consumer Suggestion