Complaint Review: G

• Reported By: Real Estate Broker — DFW Texas
G
, Select State/Province USA

Global Media Advertising Repeated billings after cancellation Beaverton Oregon

I was contacted by this company claiming to move our search engine ranking on Bing, Yahoo, and Yelp with paid advertising.

Obviously fairly suspicious, but decided to try small campaign since our web presence was weak on these search engines.  Took advantage of some "free search terms" as an introduction.  All it took was a credit card and they proceeded to bill like clockwork.  The "paid ads" led to a page on our website that looked like the basement, not the landing page we were promised.  Found the error and complained, got credit for another month.  Tried to cancel my account.  Told to call back in 30 days. Find out they billed me the day I called to terminate.  Called back in 30 days, they "credit" the account for another 21 days, still would not terminate my account or billing.  Finally called credit card company to block billing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2014 09:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/G/Select-StateProvince/Global-Media-Advertising-Repeated-billings-after-cancellation-Beaverton-Oregon-1135346. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on G