Complaint Review: GA. Power Utility( Eletricity)

• Submitted: Thu, December 29, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, December 29, 2011

• Reported By: jody — flowery branch Georgia United States of America
GA. Power Utility( Eletricity)
Gainesville,Buford, Jefferson offices Gainesville, Georgia United States of America

GA. Power Utility( Eletricity) lied and misdirected a payment ,refused to put in my name until I paid someone else bill, threatened to disconnect my power. Gainesville, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Long Story?

It's a very long story but basically they refused to put the power in my husbands name because it was in someone else name and they passed away so they didnt pay. This was the lady in Buford office who told my husband this however i had already talked to the main office who sent us up there to do exactly that, The lady scared my husband by telling him if he didnt pay they would disconnect the service at that time so he paid $319.00. I was very upset when I called the main office back the lady said that the buford office was wrong but she couldnt do anything about it I would have to go into a branch office so I went and but not before they disconnected r service. I went to the gainesville office and told they what happened the manager there was very helpful so I thought . We came to a agreement of I would put the serves in my husbands name ,he has never had service in his name and they would bill us for the months we where at that address an they would turn the service back on that day and sence my husband has never had service in his name they would not charge a deposit of $370.00 .now the missing payment and the deposit was settled however when I got my next bill it said I had a balance of $900.00 due now. a$370.00 deposit was on there and no payment was showing eather so I went back up there they told me they would call me and wouldnt give me a contact phone number so its been a week now I havent heard nothing except a cut off notice I have to pay it because theres not another power company I can use so I just get stuck with there mistake come out of my pocket and theres not a d**n thing I can do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2011 04:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GA-Power-Utility-Eletricity/Gainesville-Georgia-30542/GA-Power-Utility-Eletricity-lied-and-misdirected-a-payment-refused-to-put-in-my-name-815542. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GA. Power Utility( Eletricity)

Long Story?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Perhaps you should have made your story a bit longer by telling the ENTIRE story.

- My guess is that you and your husband knew who passed away, I would even bet that you lived in the same house as this person.

At some point since they were dead you didn't pay the bill(even though you were living there) and it became delinquent to the point where it was going to get cut-off.  So to get around this you figure you would just transfer the service to your husband hoping that they would just forgive the past due, after all how are they going to collect off a dead person.

I bet I am close...If so do you really think you would be the first person who put the name in one relative's name only to have them become delinquent and then try to put it in the next relative's name?

This may also explain why you seem so worried about getting the account in your husband's name, especially since you seem to be doing all of the calling.

As for the billing issue let me guess.  You paid cash and didn't get a receipt showing you paid someone all of this money.