Complaint Review: GAMESTOP.COM and STORES

• Submitted: Fri, June 05, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, August 16, 2012

• Reported By:MEXIA Texas
GAMESTOP.COM and STORES
1428 Wooded Acres Waco, Texas U.S.A.

Gamestop.com and stores ripoff with false advertising & lieing mgr. & salesman Waco Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: possible solution

*UPDATE Employee: Gamestop sells new and used games

*Consumer Comment: You Are Obviously An Employee

*Consumer Comment: gamestop

After looking online & calling for product & what i'm buying being in stock ,x-box 360 arcade with bonus disc.The disc was missing & the same day ,I was refused a refund or disc 6/2/09

The salesman said wait til friday for the mgr. but he could sell me the missing disc.

After e-mailing corp. & calling twice with no respone; friday i called back & got the same from the mgr.& they're not responsible for web ads; it does'nt matter i called & asked when buying, they'll sell me a disc & can't refund cause the box was opened.

I informed him i also had bought an imedate replacement warranity so naturally if somethings wrong the box would've been opened. but i got nowhere.

So i'm out the disc & warranty, i bought the system to not have to buy a disc right away;plus pay to be taken 50 miles to get it being disabled.

PLEASE HELP;I'M really surprised at them cause i've done mail-order with them before. THANKS

Cowboyeagan
MEXIA, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2009 02:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GAMESTOPCOM-and-STORES/Waco-Texas-76710/Gamestopcom-and-stores-ripoff-with-false-advertising-lieing-mgr-salesman-Waco-Texas-458976. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GAMESTOP.COM and STORES

#1 Consumer Suggestion

possible solution

AUTHOR: Dragoon Dragon - (United States of America)

With me responding this late I can't say how well my information will be. With the little information I see the only understanding I have is you bought a package deal online most likely gamestop(or ebgames). When you recieved the product you found missing parts of the package. Upon contacting not only corporate but a retail store that they have ignored you request or refused to acknowledge your e-mail. The only solution I see is that where you bought the package deal had an obligation to supply to you what you have paid for and have refused to do so. The best solution I can give is to contact a lawyer who is willing to talk to you about your problem and see what the law has to say on online products not being sent to customer.

On side note, I do shop at gamestop and have had issues with their customer support staff just half reading or just not caring what the complaint is being sent to them.

Sorry to hear the issue but you might be out of luck now.

Gamestop sells new and used games

AUTHOR: Nukey - (United States of America)

I don't know what to say about the actual author of this report, as to be honest, I can barely understand anything that was written.

However, to the poster above me, we do have to open ONE copy of every game and display it on the sales floor. This is to have something to PUT on the sales floor, without allowing people to steal the product inside, which they would certainly do if there was just a shrink-wrapped game sitting out on a shelf. We are not large stores like Best Buy and Wal-Mart and therefore we do not get nice glass walls to shield everything or security tags and detectors. We usually still have several shrink-wrapped copies of all games behind our counters to prevent theft, and we gladly sell you them. If you end up with a display copy and are upset, we will gladly give you a shopworn discount on the product as well.

We used to be able to take home new games and play them in order to stay informed about the product we are selling, however due to the large amount of disagreement this caused, we no longer are allowed to.

You Are Obviously An Employee

AUTHOR: DivineDragoonXD - (U.S.A.)

The previous poster is obviously an employee of Game$top. Notable is also a very generous thing to say about Game$top, especially since they are the exact opposite.

Game$top only sells used games. They may advertise that the "new" opened game is in fact new but rest assure my friends it is in fact not. First, the open the sealed packaging, this makes the game not new. They then break the seal of authenticity which again, makes the game not new. They then allow their employees to take home the game to play and bring it back as "new". Now, this is quite different than what I am acustomed to be new. First, I open the sealed package, second, I break the certificate of authenticity and third, I play the game, not a G$ employee.

gamestop

AUTHOR: Zio - (U.S.A.)

Gamestop is a notable company and I have done business with them in the past. Some clerical error with your package, what was the extra disk? is it really worth the hassle? and besides the xbox is going to get replaced by a newer microsoft game system so no point in wasting money on it now.