Complaint Review: GAMMA LLC

• Reported By: mira — New York New York
GAMMA LLC
408 West 36th Street New York, New York USA

GAMMA LLC Supervisor John Security Deposit never pay back New York New York

*Consumer Comment: What to do about it?

*Consumer Comment: Gamma LLC is a ripoff

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Gamma LLC is a ripoff

*Consumer Comment: That's his style

I am a fresh graduate and I came in New York on June 2012 last year. I went to Craigslist to find an apartment. I saw this apartment located on 408 W 36th Street that was fine. I sent an e-mail and visited the apartment during my lunch time. I met the supervisor John. He (his company) owns the whole building that have around 20 apartments. Each apartment has 4 rooms, 1 kitchen and 2 bathrooms. You cannot choose your roommates. He told me that there is only one room left and put me the pressure to give a deposit of $400. As I will be homeless in two days, I have decided to give him the deposit in cash. I signed the lease without reading it (my bad). The amount was $1600. He told me that I had to give him a bank check a soon as possible. The day after I came to the apartment (he has his desk in the “lobby”) and gave him $ 1600x2 +1600 ( I wanted to stay 2 months and I had to pay a security deposit). Then, he told me that the rent is not $1600 but $1800 because there are $200 of cleaning fees and when I asked him to give me a copy of the contract, he added (with his pen) “+$200”. I knew that this lease was weird but I had no choice. So I gave him the 2 months’ rent ($1800x2) and $1600 for a security deposit.

Few days after, I met people who live in this building but also people who has no longer lived there and they told me that John will not give our security deposit back. This information is on our lease “ If you stay less than 12 months, there is one month fee”. Also, there is other conditions that was illegal and weird: “The supervisor can come into your apartment whenever he wants to find roommates”.

Before the end of my first month, I asked him the Wi-Fi code (because he changed it). He came to my apartment and pretended that the network is better in my room. So, we went to my room (that is very small, you have the place to put a queen bed and a table, that’s it) and sit next to me. Then, he asked me personal questions like: “Do you have a boyfriend in Paris? Do you like American guys? I am not married because I am very busy with my business”. The morning after, he came around 7.30 am when I was in the bathroom. I heard his foot going to my room. As he saw nobody, he left. I was so scared because there is no reason for him to come, he was alone. So, at the end of the first month, I asked him to leave but I wanted first my rent for the second month and my security deposit. He told me that I will receive my check two weeks after. But I never received it (I lost $3400=1800+1600.). I called many times, he told me that he was in vacation and then he sent me an e-mail saying that he will not pay me back because I broke the lease. He threatens me to go to the court for harassment because I called him many times and sent a lot of e-mails.

I went to craigslist recently and I saw an ad for the same apartment so he continues to rip off foreign students and young workers. I am upset and I flagged all his ad. If there is any person who is in the same situation, please contact me that we can make a case against him. If there is any person who can help me, it would be grateful. Thank you

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2013 07:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GAMMA-LLC/New-York-New-York/GAMMA-LLC-Supervisor-John-Security-Deposit-never-pay-back-New-York-New-York-1066147. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GAMMA LLC

What to do about it?

AUTHOR: Junior1 - ()

I think it is going to happen to me as well and we should put a stop to it. Have you guys filed a lawsuit yet? Best action would be a class action lawsuit so that we put a permanent stop to this. Contact me at lyc-tkfkd[at]hanmail[dot]net      to discuss

Gamma LLC is a ripoff

AUTHOR: Pson - ()

Please e-mail me at Pson82@yahoo.com.  I lived there as well and after being vacated from the building John will not answer any of my calls and he owes alot of people who lived there a decent amount of money.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Gamma LLC is a ripoff

AUTHOR: Pson - ()

I lived there as well and was vacated out of the building.  E-mail me as Pson82@yahoo.com and lets hope we can get something going here.

That's his style

AUTHOR: sativis - ()

I lived there too, and got scammed too. But i'm still in nyc, email me at sativis at gmail and let's see what we can do about this.