Complaint Review: GARAGE REFACING SERVIEDS/GREATER REMODELING SERVIES/GRS

• Submitted: Mon, October 14, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, October 14, 2002

• Reported By:Chicago IL
GARAGE REFACING SERVIEDS/GREATER REMODELING SERVIES/GRS
2350 WEST GRAND AVE, /1728 CAMPBELL CHICAGO, Illinois U.S.A.

GARAGE REFACING SERVIEDS/ GREATER REMODELING SERVIES/ GRS HOME REPAIR RIP OFF CHICAGO Illinois

In October of 1999 I signed a contract with GRS to build a porch on my mothers' building. A 2 flat brick building. The amount of the contract was $15,800.

The porch was build with substandard material and poorly design. However I didn't know that if you are not satified with the work you should not pay the last payment. So I made the last, think that the builder would correct the problems.

His comment was that "If you didn't like the work you should't have paid for it". The owner of GRS, Wllis Santiago went on to tell me that he would correct the problems. And I never heard from him again.

I got the name of GRS from a BBB web site. When I contacted them they had Mr. Santiago contact me. That we he said that the BBB the States Attonery and no one else could do anything to him. However he would correct the porch to maintain his good name.

Lonnie
Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2002 05:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GARAGE-REFACING-SERVIEDSGREATER-REMODELING-SERVIESGRS/CHICAGO-Illinois-60612/GARAGE-REFACING-SERVIEDS-GREATER-REMODELING-SERVIES-GRS-HOME-REPAIR-RIP-OFF-CHICAGO-Illi-32547. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GARAGE REFACING SERVIEDS/GREATER REMODELING SERVIES/GRS