Complaint Review: GARY A. CALABRESE

• Updated: Thu, February 23, 2012

• Reported By: BOB — WIMBERLEY Texas United States of America
GARY A. CALABRESE
1204 Nueces Street austin, Texas United States of America

GARY A. CALABRESE TEXAS MAFIA DWARF GIMP LAWYER Calabrese will promise you anything, take the money upfront, and then screw you. austin, Texas

*Consumer Comment: I agree with Calabrese

GARY A. CALABRESE, TEXAS MAFIA DWARF GIMP LAWYER, DID ME

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved
gcalabre@prismnet.com
1204 Nueces Street Austin, Texas 78701
Telephone: 512-472-9394 Fax: 512-472-9550

"A fish rots from the head." (U pisciu puzza era capu - CALABRESE MAFIA SAYING)

Some people say dealing with lawyers it is like dancing with wolves. I have learned it is more like snake handling they dont care who they bite. And they think they can do anything, get away with anything, and remain untouchable. Not even lawyers who sue lawyers for malpractice believe in making bar complaints. They know the bar associations protect their own, like foxes guarding the henhouse, and so it is usually a waste of time and effort. Furthermore, it is said that lawyers are proof you must use a condom if indulging in anal sex. Gary A. Calabrese is a good example.

When you go meet lawyers you might hire, they tend to posture and pontificate about how ethical they are. Never trust a lawyer who says trust me.

I learned that the hard way with Gary A. Calabrese. Several years ago I noticed that every time I opened a window or went outside I smelled something awful like really rotten cheese. This went on for months. I could not figure out what it was because the stench was everywhere. Then I noticed the dogs in the neighborhood were regularly visiting a stand of trees on my property so I followed them and discovered a pipe disgorging ugly smelly crap onto my property near my water well. I followed the pipe and saw it was coming out of a wall of my new neighbors house. Now this new neighbor, Mark Wade ((512) 847-0361) had built his house a few feet from the property line, cut down the trees on his side to an unconscionable degree, and proceeded to invite all his Harley Davidson and tweaker friends over for 24/7 road rallies and drunken parties.

(Note that I was subsequently told by a law enforcement connection that the stink emanating from Wades place was that of a METH LAB and that the high arsenic content (proven in tests) of what was being dumped on my property was a common byproduct of methamphetamine manufacture.)

I called the cops several times but all that ever happened was when they left, Wade and the tweakers would turn up the volume, shout obscenities at us and toss more beer bottles onto the property. Not only that, but he had a flybynighter build his aerobic septic tank, and his compressor is so defective it screams and screeches all the time. My country home has become more noisy than an industrial park in the city. Wade definitely endangered my water supply. In the mornings when I go outside (I now sleep with earplugs and 2 pillows over my head), I hear Wade and his whores yelling obscenities. They always yell. They know nothing of conversational tones. Maybe they are all deaf.

So I figured it was time to sue. I ended up getting conned bigtime by lawyer Gary A. Calabrese. As I look back on it, the evidence indicates he planned from the beginning to con me. The only thing he probably didnt contrive was his later brain damage. But I trusted him, as he specified, even though he revealed several very suspicious activities as time went on.

For one thing, it appeared he never ever read my letters to him. For example, I had spent a great deal of time tracking down qualified witnesses with proper credentials who could examine and testify with authority the fact that Wade had been dumping sewage containing high levels of fecal coliform, arsenic and various other dangerous chemicals onto my property. Calabrese instead interviewed unqualified bimbos and billed me $200 an hour for it.

And he billed me for a days work because he said it was necessary for him to come out and videotape my property. Then he had his friends at W. F. Smith and Co., come out and appraise Wades house. The appraisal was rife with misspellings and factually wrong in several places, which I called his attention to, but Calabrese did nothing about that except demand more money. Smith never bothered to answer my queries or anything else even though he had agreed to.

When this all started I had belonged to Prepaid Legal, based in Ada, OK, and had been assigned a lawyer in Austin named William T. Buckle (602 W 11th St., Austin, TX 78701; 512-478-4651). I had told Buckle all the facts and then found out one of his partners David Clayton Sander was working for Wade, my lovely neighbor. Buckle had told me during a taped phone call that he would never allow such a thing like conflict of interest to happen. But he did. And Calabrese had to get him and his partner off the case because of it. Calabrese told me this only cost a couple hundred dollars. But when I received his bill, it turned out he charged me about $3,000 for this simple maneuver.

I figure Calabrese and Buckle split the fee. I made a bar complaint against Buckle several lawyers had told me Buckle had done this kind of thing numerous times. Do you think Calabrese endorsed the complaint? No. He kept mum and pretended it didnt exist. Buckle was, of course, exonerated. And Prepaid Legal, one of the most crooked outfits in the legal business, is still in business. In fact Calabrese never did anything he was asked to do (like tell me his trial strategy or when we were going to trial). And he never did anything he actually said he would do unless it was some dippy meaningless thing that he could easily bill me for.

Couple years after filing suit, I pushed and Calabrese set up a mediation session (required by law in my county before one can go to trial) and Calabrese insisted that Robert Bowman was the best man for the job as mediator. Once again, I should not have trusted Calabrese. Bowman was a total disaster (See http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/376/RipOff0376347.htm.) And, once again, Calabrese misrepresented things by falsifying Bowmans credentials so I would be misled into approving him as a mediator.

When I hired him, Gary A. Calabrese was a short fat man with a full head of jet black hair and an assured air that probably came from identifying with the mafia characters he said he identified with in Puzo (The Godfather) books. Or maybe he just had a short man complex. But he began to exhibit strange paranoid traits soon after I hired him. On the phone he would often accuse me of threatening him. I wrote it off as his inferiority complex due to being a short fat man and I found it comical -- like Beavis & Butthead. It was ridiculous anyway since I would think twice before threatening anyone from the Calabrese Crime Family.

But a couple years after I hired him and had to meet him in a parking lot to do the mediation with Bowman and Wade, I was surprised and somewhat dismayed to find that the man I was looking for was not the man I hired. I was approached instead by a short skinny guy with very weird looking black and white hair like polka dot hair with mange. Calabrese was an hour late so I didnt have time to investigate this strange situation. We went in and sat down and Bowman proceeded to insult me, as he had been amply primed for an hour at least by Wade and his bimbo lawyer as to what an evildoer I was.

While Bowman ridiculed me, Calabrese did nothing. This basically went on for a couple hours a charade wherein the obviously senile Bowman pretended to try to solve the problem and Calabrese offered not much help at all. After all, they were both collecting their exorbitant hourly fees so why bother? When we were sequestered in a private room, I began to get a handle on what was going on. Between inane and surprising comments to me by Calabrese one in which he suggested I brought drugs into the proceeding -- Calabrese told me of how he went on an extended all tuna diet some months prior to lose weight. He said his hair started falling out and turning white. All these symptoms, combined with the obvious mental deterioration that had occurred to Calabrese, shouted out to me: MERCURY POISONING! The reason the expression mad as a hatter came about was that hat makers of old used to use mercury in the treatment of the hats they made and they would wear their hats most of the time, get mercury poisoning, and come down with that dementia called madness.

Calabrese said his doc didnt know what it was. I wondered what kind of idiot quack he went to but then it dawned on me he wasnt thinking well at all anyway so he would pick an idiot. He said his wife suspected it was the tuna. DUH! I told him he could get his hair mercury tested for $25 and gave him a site where he could arrange it. I doubt he did it but not because he claims he cannot type or do email (even though he does), but because he wanted no medical evidence that he is brain damaged.

Few days later Bowman and Calabrese came up with some kind of scheme whereby Bowman would try to fix the situation without fee. I said ok and exchanged a few emails with Bowman and then Bowman suddenly lost his composure and started telling everyone I was an asshole. But by then I had realized that either Calabrese had been setting me up from the beginning and that Bowmans antics were simply part of it or Calabese had suffered so much brain damage from the mercury poisoning that he couldnt have presided rationally over anything and was now turning against me because my case had become too complicated for him.

Then I realized I couldnt go to trial with a lawyer who was either out of his mind or a crook or both so put the entire problem on hold, hoping maybe Calabrese would come to his senses eventually though since we do not know how much he was poisoned, there was no way of knowing how many years it would take to regain lost functions, if ever. Plus the idea of Calabrese being just a damned crook who had been setting me up from the beginning was gaining credibility in my mind. And there was no telling how much slander of me in the judicial community Bowman had accomplished in his Alzheimer-like tirades.

Almost a couple years later I was out of the country getting dental care when Calabrese wrote me a truly nasty letter telling me what an asshole I was and how I never had a case to begin with and how he was going to get the case dismissed. He wanted to talk to me on the phone. But I decided that rather than spend huge amounts of money listening to his lies and dissembling on the phone, I should get him to write all his grievances so I could figure out what was cooking with him aside from the fact that he had caught on that I was no longer the cash cow he had been milking successfully for several years. Eventually he wrote it and I showed it to a number of people who knew the truth about the situation and they were amazed at how Calabrese had managed to twist facts and deny his responsibilities.

Many months passed. Calabrese threatened a half dozen times or so to resign from the case but I forbade him to do so and sent him a letter he was instructed to read to the court on my behalf if he tried to put in an unpleasant appearance. Calabrese eventually had a judge dismiss the suit, against my instructions. But to my knowledge Calabrese never resigned from my employ since to do so would have proven himself to be the unethical jerk he is. Calabrese never liked sending me court papers or anything so I do not know what went on with him and the court.

What I do know is that Gary A. Calabrese is dishonest, incompetent and probably grievously brain damaged. I have asked him in writing to return the over $10,000.00 he took from me. I told him that if he did not, I would go public with all of this. But he ignored that same as he has ignored just about everything I have communicated to him. But he never failed to cash my checks!

I want my money returned. But if I disappear mysteriously, you know what happened. If you read the news you probably know about the Calabrese Crime Family and what a bunch of rats they are. Below are some sites for you to check out if you dont know about it:

(((link redacted)))

(((link redacted)))

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22102990-663,00.html ---------------

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2012 06:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GARY-A-CALABRESE/austin-Texas-78701/GARY-A-CALABRESE-TEXAS-MAFIA-DWARF-GIMP-LAWYER-Calabrese-will-promise-you-anything-take-843730. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GARY A. CALABRESE

I agree with Calabrese

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

You do sound like a bit of an a*hole.