Complaint Review: GATEWAY COMPUTERS

• Updated: Thu, March 04, 2010

• Reported By: garytoo — United States of America
GATEWAY COMPUTERS
gateway.com Internet United States of America

GATEWAY COMPUTERS Company did not honor warranty and lied about coverage Internet

a couple of years ago I purchased one of Gateway's top-of-the-line laptop computers. The total cost was over $2000. In addition I purchased their extended warranty which covered accidental breakage and the battery. Just recently the battery has failed. The computer is still under warranty and so I called Gateway and explain the situation and the service that took my personal information, my credit card number and my address to send me a replacement battery. A week later I called Gateway to determine the status of the replacement battery. I was informed that the order had been canceled. They told me the battery was out of stock. But not to worry because I could speak to their second line support. Frustrated, I called her second line of support. This time I found out that not only did the person lying to me about the battery being out of stock they didn't call me that the warranty didn't cover the battery. Because I have moved since purchasing the computer I am not able to locate the original warranty.  Therefore, Gateway computers is going to be able to lie to me about the replacement and get away with not replacing the battery. I will never buy another Gateway computer under any condition no matter what the price no matter what the product no matter if they're the only computer manufacturer in the United States. By the way, the computer is mediocre at best.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2010 07:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GATEWAY-COMPUTERS/internet/GATEWAY-COMPUTERS-Company-did-not-honor-warranty-and-lied-about-coverage-Internet-578338. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GATEWAY COMPUTERS