Complaint Review: GATEWAY EVALUATION SERVICE

• Updated: Fri, November 21, 2008

• Reported By:Laurel Maryland
GATEWAY EVALUATION SERVICE
13170 YONGE STREET RICHMOND HILL, Ontario Canada

GATEWAY EVALUATION SERVICE - JAMES ROLAND MYSTERY SHOPPER SCAM, they pose as a recruiter for mystery shoppers, send you a BAD CHECK asking you to cash and send most of it back to them by MoneyGram to evaluate MoneyGram's services; CHECK will NOT clear, you end up in debt with your bank. RICHMOND HILL Ontario Canada

I had been looking for a part-time job with flexible schedule; GATEWAY EVALUATION SERVICE posed as recruiter and sent me a letter stating that I had been selected for the Mystery Shopper position. In the letter, a check for $990.00 was enclosed; and the instruction says: "You are required to cash the enclosed CHECK at your local bank or check cashing facilities and take the cash, minus your fee(s) and do the following: YOU WILL POSE AS A POTENTIAL CUSTOMER SENDING A MONEYGRAM PAYMENT TO EVA (my last name), A RELATIVE OF YOURS IN OAKVIEW, MANITOBA, CANADA"...it goes on to instruct that I should send $870 to this individual in this transaction and then complete the enclosed evaluation form and fax back to GATEWAY EVALUATION.

UNFORTUNATELY, I was caught off guard and cashed the check at my bank and proceeded to send the cash at the Money Gram located at Walmart; I then called the phone number given and a man, who said his name is "James" answered and I proceeded to give the transaction number to him he even asked me about how the service was.

A few days later, I discovered that the check I had cashed at my bank was a BAD CHECK and was returned; my account is in the negative due to this transaction. Shortly after my discovery, I called the phone number again and "James" answered; I told him what I had discovered and he said he would call me in a couple of hours after he speaks to "the accounting department" and everything is going to be taken care of. Useless to say, I have fallen victim to this MYSTERY SHOPPER SCAM. I wish that something could be done to disable the web site: www.gatewayevaluation.com.

Victimx
Laurel, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2008 09:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GATEWAY-EVALUATION-SERVICE/RICHMOND-HILL-Ontario-L4E-1A1/GATEWAY-EVALUATION-SERVICE-JAMES-ROLAND-MYSTERY-SHOPPER-SCAM-they-pose-as-a-recruiter-f-393602. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GATEWAY EVALUATION SERVICE