Complaint Review: GATEWAY

• Updated: Fri, October 16, 2009

• Reported By: melanie — tuscumbia Alabama USA
GATEWAY
7565 irvine Center DR Irvine, California United States of America

GATEWAY I bought a gateway Laptop Model M-1626 on Sep 08, 999.00. It lasted on month after my warranty 199.00 charged, The tech crashed my computer and now they wont fix it. Irvine, California

*Consumer Comment: Not adding up

I bought a GATEWAY M-1626 model, I payed 999.00 for this computer on 09/08. It ran fine. I had trouble with this computer on 10/15/2009. I called TECH support to be informed that my warranty had expired IN SEPT. ONe month over. I paid tech support 199.00 to fix this computer, The tech had me erase all data and told me to buy a hardrive, and I did the next day. I spoke to someone else to help me when I called back at 1-800-229-1103 , He was in a big hurry about time. And after i did install it, he tells me that the first Tech man Killed my computer.I called costumer service and they have no record of my Issue NO# .Then to speak to someone there are no numbers to call just email and live chat. I want my computer fixed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2009 09:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GATEWAY/Irvine-California-92618/GATEWAY-I-bought-a-gateway-Laptop-Model-M-1626-on-Sep-08-99900-It-lasted-on-month-afte-510050. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GATEWAY

Not adding up

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

Can you clairify what happened a little more? What was wrong with your machine?

How did it go bad yesterday (the 15th) and you bought a next hard drive the next day (the future) Your story is not making sense. I'm not sure how reinstalling your operating system on a new hard drive would ill your computer. It won't, that doesn't make any sense. There are gateway tech support numbers, I called one a few months ago. Be aware, since your computer is out of warranty it will be very expensive to fix through them. I needed a part replaced that was not servicable and they wanted to charge me 469$ on an 800$ laptop. I passed, and disassembled it myself to fix it.

Honestly, unless your computer is still in warranty, you are better off to go to a local computer repair shop. It will save you money.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC