Complaint Review: GBO Inc, Trademark and Patent Dep

• Updated: Thu, January 26, 2012

• Reported By: chadwickc2 — Del Mar California United States of America
GBO Inc, Trademark and Patent Dep
1031 Ives Diary Road Suite 228 Miami, Florida United States of America

GBO Inc, Trademark and Patent Dep Global Business Option, Inc Direct Mailer Scam - Soliciting to renew my trademark - beware Miami, Florida

*Consumer Comment: GBO Inc. Trademark and Patent Dep.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Responds to erroneouss information

I received a very suspicious direct mail letter from GBO Inc Trademark and Patent Dep. saying that they would renew my trademark for $960 if I sent a check to their business address or wire transferred money to Bank of America 1900 Tyler Street, Hollywood, FL 33020.  My trademark was registered on September of 2008.  I don't need to renew it till 2013

Anybody with more than two brain cells know that you directly renew trademarks United States Patent and Trademark Service.  You don't need some scammy, fly by night liason service to renew a trademark.  Also they are asking for  more than 3 TIMES as much as it originally costs me to file the original trademark.  I doubt they would even renew my trademark anyway.

The letter I received was well structured and contained very "government" looking professional letterhead. [continued below]....
.....  It was customized to show my trademark/service mark on the letter.   I could see possibly fooling some less informed trademark/patent owners out there.

I did not send money nor attempted to contact this little shady operation.  However I just want to warn others to not give into this scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2011 04:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GBO-Inc-Trademark-and-Patent-Dep/Miami-Florida-33179/GBO-Inc-Trademark-and-Patent-Dep-Global-Business-Option-Inc-Direct-Mailer-Scam-Solicit-807695. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GBO Inc, Trademark and Patent Dep

GBO Inc. Trademark and Patent Dep.

AUTHOR: audio4me - (United States of America)

This is in response to the ridiculous statement I just read from the President here on Rip Off report. He states that he is a legit service. I just received this same BS in the mail a month after filing my company trademark. I consider myself to be rather intelligent and this document looks like an official document from the US government. I can't believe they are allowed to send these documents to people like this. What does this company offer? Nothing! Claiming you get placed in a publication that no one cares about for 3x the cost of the filing? What a joke. I hope no one falls for this garbage. Nice try GBO inc...but there is no sucker here. I hope you go out of business. I am contacting the Florida states attorney generals office to report this tonight.

-Mad Scientist

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Responds to erroneouss information

AUTHOR: Peter Toth - (United States of America)

My name is Peter Toth and I am the president of Global Business Option, Inc.  I would like to respond to the allegations contained on Ripoff Reports website. Firstly, we are not a scam or illegitimate company in any way. We are a fully incorporated US-based company that provides complete trademark publication services.

In our direct-mail campaign, some people have misunderstood the intention of our mailing. The letter we sent out was an offer NOT an invoice whatsoever, and it was indicated as such on the letter. It was merely an offer of our services. Obviously not everyone who received the letter would be currently in need of our services. However some of these people have mistaken this letter as a request for payment. This is simply not true.

We have a customer-service team to answer any questions regarding our services, we can be reached at (786) 925-4260. We would be more than happy to discuss any concerns you may have or answer any questions.