Complaint Review: GC Services - Collection Agency

• Reported By: Sunny — Arizona United States of America
GC Services - Collection Agency
san diego, California United States of America

GC Services - Collection Agency Collection Calls san diego, California

I was contacted by Dawnie numerous times. The phone calls also come up on my caller id with my area code. She is also collecting a debt from citi cards. I explained to her my situation which goes like this. This is the second time in a year that I have been laid off from work due to the economy. Currently I am not working. I told her I have no income coming in. When I was working during the summer, I enrolled into a debt settlement plan. These people claimed to help me and seemed eager to when I signed up. The debt settlement company did nothing for me but leave me worse off than I was before. Dawnie told me I had to have the full $4200 today, and I told her there is no way I can do that.

Then I tried everything I can to come up with a solution and she said I have to have to pay $2000.00 by Monday and then she can help me come up with a way to pay the rest of the debt off. I can only come up with some of the $2000.00 and I had to give a good faith payment today of $25.00. I also had to give my checking account info over the phone. I always paid my bills on time, but this last year has been hard for me and the debt settlement company raked me over the coals after telling me they were going to handle everything. I just wish this nightmare was over. I hope Dawnie accepts that I will not be able to pay the whole $2000.00 and I can't give it to her on Monday because the money will not be available. Tomorrow I am calling the credit card company to see if I can work something out with them. By the way the minimum payment according to my recent statement is only $1200 and not $2000.00.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2009 08:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GC-Services-Collection-Agency/san-diego-California-/GC-Services-Collection-Agency-Collection-Calls-san-diego-California-533392. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GC Services - Collection Agency