Complaint Review: GC Services Limited Partnership Collection Agency Division

• Updated: Thu, January 17, 2013

• Reported By: Laura — Sacramento California United States of America
GC Services Limited Partnership Collection Agency Division
PO Box 7820 (050) Baldwin Park, California United States of America

GC Services Limited Partnership Collection Agency Division B. Vanabel -collection agent Threatening letter to pay for 21 yr. old ticket Baldwin Park, California

I received a letter demanding $640 for a speeding ticket from 1992. 21 yrs. ago I appeared in court, paid the fine and attended traffic school but have no paperwork to prove it. The letter claims the DMV has been attempting to locate me about this matter and I must pay now to avoid wage garnishment, attachment of personal property, etc. I have been registering my vehicles and renewing my driver's license without problems for nearly 30 yrs. This "collection company" is not legitimate. They must be stopped! I called the number on the letter and explained that this ticket was taken care of over 2 decades ago. The person I spoke to was very aggressive and threatening. He raised his voice and treated me like a wanted criminal! I said he needed to mail me court records and explain why a bench warrant was never issued if in fact I failed to appear. That was 35 days ago. I have not heard back, but would like to make them accountable for the undue stress they have caused me and countless others.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2013 08:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GC-Services-Limited-Partnership-Collection-Agency-Division/Baldwin-Park-California-91706/GC-Services-Limited-Partnership-Collection-Agency-Division-B-Vanabel-collection-agent-Th-998873. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GC Services Limited Partnership Collection Agency Division