• Report: #199875

• Submitted: Fri, July 07, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, July 07, 2006

• Reported By:Plover Wisconsin
GC Services Limited Partnership - Collection Agency Division
6330 Gulfton Houston, Texas U.S.A.

GC Services Limited Partnership - Collection Agency Division Ripoff threatened Houston Texas

I was making regular monthly payments against the balance of an MCI bill I had after I switched to VoIP. Then I received a bill from GC Services on 6-20-06.
I am on disability, so I don't have much money past the 10th of any given month. Before I could pay them they called me, demanding total payment and saying that the bill must be at least six months delinquent or else they wouldn't have gotten my account. They tried to confuse matters when I started asking questions. By the time the call was over I had talked to four different people, and they had threatened to have my phone service disconnected.

They asked for a post-dated check, but I'm glad I turned them down since I read the other complaints posted here.
I make 12K a year on disability, so I don't have to pay them one red cent. But I will, not because they said to, but because I honor my debts.I have some advice for GC Services...try treating people with a little respect. Try working with them to establish a favorable payment plan, because the 'pay-it-all-or-we'll-sue' act makes me want to close my purse.

PS: They offered to settle the debt if I paid 75% of the outstanding balance. Because of the other complaints on this site, I'm going to demand a letter stating that I've paid in full, and I'm keeping it.

Sandra
Plover, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2006 12:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GC-Services-Limited-Partnership-Collection-Agency-Division/Houston-Texas-77801/GC-Services-Limited-Partnership-Collection-Agency-Division-Ripoff-threatened-Houston-Te-199875. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GC Services Limited Partnership - Collection Agency Division