Complaint Review: GC Services, Limited Partnership

• Submitted: Thu, February 08, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, February 09, 2007

• Reported By:Lawton Oklahoma
GC Services, Limited Partnership
6330 Gulfton Dr. Houston, Texas U.S.A.

GC Services, Limited Partnership fraudulent billing, illegal transactions Ripoff Houston Texas

*Author of original report: At least I have a good bank

I have been dealing with this company since December of 2006. At first they were more than helpful, being patient and very cooperative in helping me set up a payment plan with them due to me having limited funds in which to pay off the debt. That was until the second payment was due and they took it from my account without written authorization from me and did not contact me in advance to advise me of the transaction.

I contacted them the day the transaction posted to my account hoping to resolve the issue without much fuss, if any at all. The first manager I spoke with seemed more than willing to help me find out what had happened in hopes to come to some resolution on the issue. When he didn't call me back with any information I decided to call back to see if maybe he and the representative I spoke with in December were not clear on the problem I was facing.

When I called back I was transferred to a supervisor who was more than rude about the situation and when I told her there shouldn't be a problem in figuring out where someone on there side went wrong when the conversation had been recorded(something a genuine company will do in collections of funds to keep from having legal issues with customers). She stated that I must be lying about something and that infact no such conversation had been recorded between me and a representative.

I tried again to explain the situation and that I was told no funds could come out of my account unless they received a written and signed check from me. The representative then got even more rude and I at that time requested to speak with a manager. When I was transferred over yet again I explained the whole situation from the conversation I held with a representative back in December to the two conversations I had that day with a manager and a supervisor before being transferred over to her.

She informed that the conversation I had back in December had been recorded and they record all conversations for quality control and any legal issues they might face. I then told her that I wasn't sure where they got permission to break into my personal bank account and take money from me without having a check or calling me first to advise me in advance, but that I expected the payment to be refunded along with the overdraft charges from my bank from them processing an illegal transaction. She said there was no way they could refund me any money and that in fact they had every right to process transactions through my account with writting their own paper checks with my account information on them.

I hung up with her and looked up any information I could and even contacted my bank about this problem. My bank has in turn put a block on my account for any transactions this company might try to process in the future and they will not be allowed to go through unless I show up in person to approve them. I have also filed a claim through my bank stating that the processed transaction was fraudulent. I never once signed a paper giving them any access without needing a personal, self-written and signed check from me.

I am currently trying to contact lawyers to take action against this company. I have been lied to and treated unfairly. I was more than willing to stick to a payment plan and was. They incurred funds from my account not only without my permission but 10 days before the payment was even do. They told me their computers were showing an earlier date, if that's true or not is not my problem. I was told specific information when I first set up payment plans with this company and they should have stuck to them. I was blindly robbed and it has more than stressed me out.

This company should know better, they should be more respectful of the people they deal with. And I'm hoping I can take legal action against them and keep them from doing this to anyone else.

Toni
Lawton, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2007 03:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GC-Services-Limited-Partnership/Houston-Texas-77081/GC-Services-Limited-Partnership-fraudulent-billing-illegal-transactions-Ripoff-Houston-T-235137. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GC Services, Limited Partnership

At least I have a good bank

AUTHOR: Toni - (U.S.A.)

Since posting my report I have been refunded, not by the company but by my bank, the amount that was taken without my consent. I have also since filed a report with the BBB in hopes that they might be able to help, in some way, to get this issue taken care of.

I recommend anyone having a problem with fraudulent charges or illegal tranasactions with this company take a few steps in order to start the resolution of the problem. First do get in contact with the company if anything else you will have proof, for a lawyer or any other 3rd party helping you get your money back, that you tried to resolve the issue without having to have a legal battle over it. Secondly, go to your bank. I recommend walking in rather than calling, this way the bank will see that this is a problem and that it indeeed must be taken care of to keep the company from processing anymore illegal transactions. Put a block on your account for this company, make it where they have to wait on you to show up in person to your bank before a transaction can be processed. Also file a fraudulent withdrawl charge through your bank, further showing the company involved and any legal parties that you NEVER authorized them by phone or by legal signature to remove funds without self-written and signed checks from you.

Thirdly, contact the BBB and file a report along with any reports you file here on the company involved. If anything else you just have further proof of how outraged you are how the fact that your trust and personal life were violated. Fourthly, get any and all information on the company and people you have dealt with together. This includes names of all people you have discussed this problem with and extension numbers(if possible)to reach them at. After all of this has been done and the company still refuses to resolve the issue without legal assistance on your end of things, take it to a lawyer. Provide them with as much information as possible, including a run down of each conversation you held with each person you spoke to.

It seems like alot to do, trust me I know, because I am in the last few areas of that list. But my trust in that company and their guarentees on my payment plan was betrayed. I was blindly robbed of my hard earned money and they have no regrets whatsoever of the theft they committed. I can, however, say that I have an excellent bank. After going to them in person and filing paperwork on the fraudulent charge to my account and getting all the paperwork notorized by them, they refunded the amount to my account. I am happy that the bank seen fit to do such, but I am still going to take this case to GC Services. It's not only about the money it's also about what was done to me with no attempts on the company's end to resolve this issue in the correct way. Instead they thought getting rude and just down right nasty with me over the phone would better help them. They were wrong.

To anyone already in a lawsuit with this company, good luck. I hope that we can show this company that the little man won't just stand by to be walked on and mistreated the way we have been. This needs to end and it needs to end before someone really gets hurt by this kind of treatment.