Complaint Review: GC Services Limited Partnership

• Submitted: Tue, April 27, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, April 27, 2004

• Reported By:Bristolville Ohio
GC Services Limited Partnership
6330 Gulfton Houston, Texas U.S.A.

GC Services Limited Partnership ripoff, phone harrasment, illegal process to collect debt, hazing Houston Texas

I have read several reports on here about GC Services and have pondered why so many respectable companies would use them for debt collection.

I had a past due bill from a wal-mart credit card and as soon as the bill had hit 1 month late GC services started calling 5-10 times a day seven days a week. They started out by resonably speaking to me but kept insisting check by phone or credit card by phone which is strange considering it was a credit card account I was late on. But after a small time they started calling me stupid and irresponsible and saying stuf like "come on, how hard can it be for you to pay your bills, we know you still live with your parents." It's none of their business who I live with or who I work for either.

Finally I decided to snap when they kept calling even after the bill was paid off. I told the lady with a lot of curse words, that they were pissing me off. And that it's illegal to call as often as they do and she said "we're above the law, we're the government." So me be the smart-ass I am, I said "since when is the government in Houston, Tx, I thought all they had their were steers and queers." She got mad and told me she was going to send the FBI after me for harrassment. That's when I got even more mad. I told her that I have worked telemarketing before and that it is illegal to call before 9 AM and after 9 PM in the state of Ohio. She once again said "we're above the law."

Most of the calls I have received were before 9 AM, let me tell ya I'm not too happy to have to wake up to that crap, and after 11 PM, when everyone else in my house is asleep. Tell me why the government would set these telemarketing laws and then this company that claims to be the government breaks them.

Brandon
Youngstown, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2004 06:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GC-Services-Limited-Partnership/Houston-Texas-77081/GC-Services-Limited-Partnership-ripoff-phone-harrasment-illegal-process-to-collect-debt-89127. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GC Services Limited Partnership