• Report: #206584

• Submitted: Thu, August 17, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, August 17, 2006

• Reported By:Hampton Bays New York
GC Services Limited Partnership
PO Box 2667 Houston, Texas U.S.A.

GC Services & Hearst Publishing double-billing ripoff of magazine subscriptions Houston Texas

Due to the numerous double bills I always receive from Hearst Publishing corporation for magazine subscriptions, I have learned to keep rather careful record of when I've paid for a renewal or subscription so I would stop paying for the same magazine over and over again.

Instead of renewing my subscription to Cosmopolitan Magazine, I started a new subscription in January of 2006. My check for a 12-issue subscription was cashed, and I began receiving the magazine.

Yet I also kept receiving past due notices for my renewal. I sent back notes on each invoice saying I had not renewed, but had already started another subscription to the magazine in question. Now my so-called "past due" account has been put into collections with this ridiculous company GC Services.

Any attempt to actually call the phone number on the collection letter from this cowardly company gets you nothing but a recording.

Sarah
Hampton Bays, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2006 01:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GC-Services-Limited-Partnership/Houston-Texas-77252-2667/GC-Services-Hearst-Publishing-double-billing-ripoff-of-magazine-subscriptions-Houston-Te-206584. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GC Services Limited Partnership