Complaint Review: GDS Garage Door Service Co.

• Submitted: Sat, July 07, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, July 07, 2012

• Reported By: L. LaBlanc — Minneapolis Minnesota United States of America
GDS Garage Door Service Co.
333 Washington Ave N, Ste 300, Minneapolis, MN San Diego, California United States of America

GDS Garage Door Service Co. Company installed a different door than what I ordered. San Diego, California

Yesterday, GDS Co. installed a new garage door for me. But it's not the door I ordered on June 7th. I ordered a door made by Haas, a top quality manufacturer for top dollar, chosen from the salesman's catalog and GDS Co. substituted a door made by North Central Door Company.

I was made aware of the fact by a "different garage door company" that GDS had bought the door from that morning! I contacted this "other company" because GDS did not install the finishing seal on the outside of the door which pretty much makes the double steel insulated door ineffective at keeping out the Minnesota cold. When ordering, the salesman asked me if I wanted the trim in almond to match the door. He didn't itemize the trim on the contract/agreement so the installer didn't have the materials to finish the job.

GDS informed me over the phone that it would be an additional $150 to install the trim when I had already paid them $1,309. for a 6x8' door and opener. So I called a "different garage door company" who just happened to have supplied GDS with the door just installed and they said GDS is bad! bad! bad! and just about the worst choice I could have made.

The "other garage door company" installed the trim for $35 in less than 5 minutes.

To make the service even worse, GDS had promised (written on the agreement) that the door would be installed within 2 weeks. NOT! It was 4 weeks before they installed it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2012 01:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GDS-Garage-Door-Service-Co/San-Diego-California-/GDS-Garage-Door-Service-Co-Company-installed-a-different-door-than-what-I-ordered-San-D-908145. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GDS Garage Door Service Co.