Complaint Review: GE Appliance, Customer Service, 1-800-GE CARES

• Updated: Sat, April 05, 2003

• Reported By:waterbury Connecticut
GE Appliance, Customer Service, 1-800-GE CARES
geappliance.com Nationwide U.S.A.

GE Appliance, Customer Service, Poor product quality and the absolutely WORST customer service. Should be called, GE TAKES THE MONEY & RUNS! Nationwide

Buy GE appliances at your own risk! My GE Profile Series appliances...refrigerator, double ovens and cooktop...ALL have problems.

The cooktop was defective in its finish, verified by my local service man. It took me hours on the phone, multiple faxes (seems that no matter what I sent in to them, GE Cares would find something else they needed) and a slew of e-mails. I even e-mailed the Product VP (no response). It took 6 MONTHS before I received a new top for my enamel cooktop.

The local GE repair man said that the black units NEVER stay clean. He has had MANY complaints and has tried to send in suggestions regarding this but...does GE care what their field personnel say...NO, NO, NO.

Double oven issue. I purchased this particular unit because it had a "PROOF" feature for bread making. I used it several times and I couldn't feel any heat at all. Once again, I called GE-CARES and asked what the PROOF temp should be.

After 20 minutes of "research" the rep came back and said it should be 80-100 degrees. He also asked if I wanted a service call. I said yes, so he gave me yet another number to call.

Once again my local GE service man arrives. He checks the PROOF feature out and is as bewildered as I. So, he calls "his" contact number which he did in his truck.

He walked back in with a "you're not going to believe this one", grin on his face. It seems that the PROOF feature is "powered" by the appliance light in the oven. THERE IS NO HEAT FEATURE and its not even a 100 watt light bulb!!!!!!!!

A child's Easy Bake Oven (found in local toy stores) has more heat than the GE Profile double oven PROOF feature!!!!!!!!

The refrigerator, a lean mean machine, looks like it has gone through a world war. The front is a glass-like material and scratches if you look at it.

Again, my kindly local serviceman told me that GE will go back to the textured surface fronts because they have had SO MANY COMPLAINTS! Of course, I don't see them offering me a replacement for mine!

All I can say is that the phrase "BUYER BEWARE" should have GE Appliance right next to it! So much for reputable companies and good reputations.

So much for my new, state of the art kitchen that I saved for and dreamed of. Maybe GE should have real women who use a kitchen TEST THEIR PRODUCTS! No one at their company seems to give a FLYING FIG!!!

Mel
waterbury, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2003 01:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GE-Appliance-Customer-Service-1-800-GE-CARES/nationwide/GE-Appliance-Customer-Service-Poor-product-quality-and-the-absolutely-WORST-customer-ser-51735. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GE Appliance, Customer Service, 1-800-GE CARES