Complaint Review: GE Bank/Walmart Money Card

• Submitted: Tue, July 13, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, July 24, 2010

• Reported By: Andrea — Maynard Massachusetts United States of America
GE Bank/Walmart Money Card

GE Bank/Walmart Money Card There are illegally withholding my money from me. Internet

*Consumer Comment: One Question..

*Consumer Comment: Ok, let's try it this way

*Consumer Comment: Hm NO.

*Consumer Comment: Here's why...

I purchased a Walmart MoneyCard since we had lost our ATM/Debit/Credit card. We have been using it as usual. On the 11th of July we had a credit from Belden Jewelers put on the card for a return we made. When we went to use the card it kept coming up declined. We contacted customer card to find out that they blocked our account and were refusing to release it until we sent them a copy of the receipt from Belden's for the credit.

Even with the receipt being sent it could be days before they release the block leaving us without ANY money. Not only do we not have our money but we are expected to pay money to fax them a copy of the return receipt. Since when are account blocked for credits issued to a card. I could understand suspicious withdrawals but not money being put on the card.

I want my money back!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2010 10:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GE-BankWalmart-Money-Card/internet/GE-BankWalmart-Money-Card-There-are-illegally-withholding-my-money-from-me-Internet-622752. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GE Bank/Walmart Money Card

One Question..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Was their already a purchase from that Jewlery store that matches up to the return,  or is this a case where you purchased it on another card(or by another method such as cash/check) and put JUST the refund on the card.

Ok, let's try it this way

AUTHOR: I am the law - (USA)

Ok, apparently, I wasn't specific enough for DiTOH1 (or whatever your name is)

LEGALLY for that money to repost back on that card, proof of its origin must be supplied. This is to prevent money laundering. (For you "Office Space" fans, the definition of "money laundering" is concealing the source of income, by channeling it through an intermediary.) Anyone with even a fifth grade education could tell you that these types of cards are used constantly by criminals trying to hide ill gotten money. If you or the author would've taken, oh, two minutes, to read the terms and conditions documentation associated with the card, maybe you wouldn't look like a bunch of idiots.

Another case of someone who didn't read what they were signing.

Hm NO.

AUTHOR: DiTOH1 - (United States of America)

Hm NO.
Shes is NOT making a big deal.

People like you (commenter, not author) who don't understand the value of money should be taken advantage of. I personally love every single hard earned dollar that comes from my paycheck, which I use to buy anything I'd like.

If I want MY money back to that card, why must they make it difficult to give me my money back?

If its YOUR money, then its NOT a big deal.

"nuff said.

Here's why...

AUTHOR: I am the law - (USA)

I think you're making a bigger deal of this than you need to be. All that's happening here is that they want to make sure the credit to your card is legit. Without that verification, one could easily launder money.

Understand now?