Complaint Review: GE CAPITAL CORPORATION AND COMBINED INSURANCE COMPANY OF AMERICA

• Submitted: Thu, December 07, 2000
  • Updated: Wed, September 05, 2007

• Reported By:CRESTLINE CA
GE CAPITAL CORPORATION AND COMBINED INSURANCE COMPANY OF AMERICA
4860 STREET ROAD TREVOSE, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

GE CAPITAL CORPORATION AND COMBINED INSURANCE COMPANY OF AMERICA

*UPDATE Employee: "As I was saying" Combined Insurance Company is a scam for ALL

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: KEVIN IN CHICAGO IS DEAD WRONG!

*Consumer Comment: Hmmm. Three years later.. Victimizing the elderly! How awful!

IT MIGHT BE OF INTEREST, A MASSIVE CLASS-ACTION LAWSUIT HAS BEEN FILED IN TAMPA FEDERAL COURT, UNDER RICO, AGAINST THE ABOVE MISCREANTS FOR CANCELLING OUT 1100 ELDERLY PEOPLE, NATIONWIDE, UNDER A POLICY WHICH PURPORTED TO OFFER "LIFETIME COVERAGE."

THEN, I FOUND OUT THEY HAD ME SELLING THIS THING UNDER A FRAUDULENT COPY OF THE MASTER POLICY FOR 19 YEARS AND 5 MONTHS.

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT ME THROUGH THIS SITE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GE-CAPITAL-CORPORATION-AND-COMBINED-INSURANCE-COMPANY-OF-AMERICA/TREVOSE-Pennsylvania-19049/GE-CAPITAL-CORPORATION-AND-COMBINED-INSURANCE-COMPANY-OF-AMERICA-3996. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GE CAPITAL CORPORATION AND COMBINED INSURANCE COMPANY OF AMERICA

"As I was saying" Combined Insurance Company is a scam for ALL

AUTHOR: Kevin - (U.S.A.)

I applied to Combined through Monster.com a job find website. Five hours later I received a phone call from a Massachusett district manager. When i asked for a job description he said I would be maintaining multi-million dollar accounts, and servicing their clients. I went to license training in Worcester, Ma for 10 days. After receiving my Ma producers license I was on to Albany NY for two weeks of sales training. I couldn't work for over one month when I returned because Combined said there was a delay with Ma licenses.

So now with over two months of bills pilling up, I was about to lose my car, and home. In sales school the instructor said if you went to work every day you will make $ 500.00 a week. Wish I got that in writing. To make 500.00 a week, you need to sell 1,500.00 a week in policies after Combined takes there share. They don't tell you that in sales school or at the interview. The whole process was deceitefull. They promise a career, and deliever a financial mess. They also prey on the elderly. These uninformed senior citizens ( which is about 70% of the customers) don't even know the policies they are paying for are useless. Their benefits are cut in half after age 70 and they don't even know that. That's because I cannot tell them that.

Just get the check my DM told me & don't let them cancel. If they try to cancel use the tactics you learned in sales training to stop them. I felt so bad doing so. I knew it was stealing, but didn't want to lose my job. How can a company get away with that? I tried to quit several times, and they made more promises they didn't keep to get me to stay.

Finally I did quit and when I asked for my money they were holding in a "slush fund account" my DM told me I can't tell ya. He did tell me someday Combined will get around to it. I worked very hard making no money for me & a lot for Combined, and now i can't have my money. Can they get away with their deceptive business practices? They are stealing from everyone. Customers to employee's " as I was saying".

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Edward Eugene - (U.S.A.)

The class-action was filed in Tampa Federal Court on October 31, 2000. It is now before the Court of Appeals.

As with most serious litigation, these things take years, sometimes eight to ten. I am willing to wait for the benefit of my 1100 elderly clients left out in the cold with no insurance. Well worth it to me.

This story is all over the internet, including the first 3 chapters of my upcoming book, I LEAP OVER THEIR HEADS - STRAIGHT TO THE GUT. You can read them by going to www.edwardbaskett.com. Enjoy!!

By the way, GE Capital is putting up a fierce battle to keep this case from ever going before a jury, spending hundreds of thousands of dollars. The last time I looked in at Hoover's Online, there were over 3,000 lawsuits pending against GE. Apparently, their defense mechanism is an industry unto itself.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Edward Eugene - (U.S.A.)

Hmmm. Three years later.. Victimizing the elderly! How awful!

AUTHOR: Kevin - (U.S.A.)

It is interesting, isn't it, that the text of the complaint made the 'class-action lawsuit' seem so obviously needed. Victimizing the elderly! How awful!

Yet, three years later, how quiet. No update, no additional information, nothing. In fact, I am unable to find anything on the lawsuit at all! Hmm. Guess it never happened. It would seem that the person writing the complaint was just someone either angry at the company for some reason and wanted revenge or was hoping to get a commission from the lawyer who said he'd file the suit.